Oil filter type c3

Blockpower

CCCUK Member
Wix 51069 for me too. What make are your sidepipes? Do they have headers or the standard manifold?
I have the order sheet staying factory order on the pipes.

I had the engine rebuild done last year, heads, cams, headers etc.

Rolled at 320bhp flywheel which isn't amazing butty I'm happy for now.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Side pipes were only a factory (Chevrolet ) option in 1969. All other figments of side exhausts were aftermarket. ( for C3’s )

Last edited:

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Nice looking Corvette but I would check the date (DOT) of those tyres as I had them on one and while they looked fine they were I think 2008 and for me too old to risk. DOT can be found on the inside wall of the tyres. Nass is correct that side exhaust - RPO - N14 was '69 only

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Was always surprised Chevrolet didn’t continue to offer the side exhaust after 1969. They certainly looked good, and to my eyes the “factory “ ones look best of all. Never liked the black ones that I’ve seen on many cars, but the various styles of chrome ones I’ve seen look good provided they aren’t rusty. If you’ve got them on your car, keep um looking nice.

Roscobbc

Was always surprised Chevrolet didn’t continue to offer the side exhaust after 1969. They certainly looked good, and to my eyes the “factory “ ones look best of all. Never liked the black ones that I’ve seen on many cars, but the various styles of chrome ones I’ve seen look good provided they aren’t rusty. If you’ve got them on your car, keep um looking nice.
Perhaps too restrictive in terms of power output - certainly in the case of the higher output cars and big blocks?

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Nice looking Corvette but I would check the date (DOT) of those tyres as I had them on one and while they looked fine they were I think 2008 and for me too old to risk. DOT can be found on the inside wall of the tyres. Nass is correct that side exhaust - RPO - N14 was '69 only
As Mr Cricket stated , very very important to check age of tyres . I had BF Goodrich`s on my car that had many thousands of miles of tread left on them but were as hard as a tin drum . Had a carbuncle come up on one that could have proofed very nasty if it blew out !

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I honestly have no idea. I only had it rolling tuned after the rebuild. Sorry..
No worries thanks, was just interested in the before and after. My little 327ci is running around 250bhp nowadays, and other than Edlebrock carb and intake is stock. Its plenty enough for me, but sometimes it'd be nice to have a bit more. Hence interested in seeing other people's results.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I keep toying with the idea of having mine on a rolling road to find out just what it is turning out . I am running with a 305 cu in Camaro IROC -Z engine with a 9.5 compression ratio , Edelbrock Torker 2 inlet manifold and 600 cfm Edlebrock carb and a Hypertech Street & Strip dizzie . De smogged and tandard manifolds but decatted and piped straight through to Supertrap tail mufflers . Happy with what I have got but just wondering what max bhp to expect . :unsure: