Potential Owner - C6 vs C7 (and short future depreciation)

Stingray

CCCUK Member
The idea that cylinder deactivation "stresses" anything sounds far-fetched to me. It switches in and out pretty seamlessly.

If an A8 car is driven on the paddles (i.e. in manual mode) cylinder deactivation is disabled.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
My Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi V8 has cylinder deactivation when under light load and cruising or pootling at 30mph in traffic . 65000 miles and never missed a beat and the change over is imperceptible .

Fishy Dave

CCCUK Member
Just to correct one thing in your post, the LS2 is as reliable as the LS3. As you are only looking for a wide body then that rules out an LS2 anyway, as they were a later model.

Yellowshark

Well-known user
When you consider costs consider that Corvettes have always been cheap to service and repair - although I cannot speak personally for the C7. The C7 is also the last real Corvette so maybe it will hold its price well. Do not worry about 60,000 miles. I have now done 160,000+ miles in my C5 and it purrs like new

Iamnotarobot

Regular user
When you consider costs consider that Corvettes have always been cheap to service and repair - although I cannot speak personally for the C7. The C7 is also the last real Corvette so maybe it will hold its price well. Do not worry about 60,000 miles. I have now done 160,000+ miles in my C5 and it purrs like new

Any idea of potential C7 annual warranty plan costs? Did a bit of reading up and Lexus charge around £1700/year for the LC, Porsche around £800 for the 718, NSX is £3-4k lol

The one thing about the 370z (touch wood) is that the platform has not really changed since 2002 with the 350z. The engineering is p basic so there is less that can go wrong. I have friends with Alfa 4Cs and Lotus Elises and they have had troubles.