Roadtrip.

Yellow 2

CCCUK Member
We drove down to Annecy in September 2019, not in the Corvette though. We actually stayed here for four nights, Menton, just down the lake.
View attachment 13242
Some wonderful driving on the well known Tour de France routes east of Annecy. Then over to Montreaux, for the paddle steamers and to pay our respects to Freddie....
View attachment 13244

View attachment 13243

I meant to say that if you'd gone due west from St Jean Pied-de-Port you come to a fab little restaurant/shop on the Spanish border, on a pass where you can look down on the Griffon Vultures - wonderful!

Keep the photos coming!
Here until tomorrow so might well do that! Got a place name?

kentvette

CCCUK Member
Here until tomorrow so might well do that! Got a place name?
The border is on the Col d’Ispeguy which is on the D949 from Saint Etienne-de-Baigory. I think you'd take the D15 from where you are to Saint Etienne.

I should say that the restaurant is nothing special, but the general ambience and location made it special. They do a lamb dish which was super! It's a favourite place for bikers (motos) who do the run up the D949. Not quite the Tourmalet or the Peyresourde, but fun nonetheless!

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Not exactly the Pyrenees but I can recommend the Abergwesyn Pass through the Cambrian Mountains in Central Wales if anyone wants a great drive closer to home in the UK. DSCF2943.JPG18 miles long from the coast to Tregaron and definitely a bit hairy in places !

Oli

CCCUK Member
Sorry to barge in but as French national that grew up in the south west (Bordeaux) I can’t help feel a bit nostalgic when I see these posts. Very nice trip and gorgeous scenery - I like your car too. I am in Berkshire and for me it will take bit longer to do something like this: time for the kids to grow up a little more, but critically my C3 needs a bit of TLC before I trust him to something like that. Nice one!

Yellow 2

CCCUK Member
Enchantè Oli, this evening we are staying in a beautiful little village called Laruns, awesome roads, much better surfaces than in Warwickshire 😂
She's now at 800 miles+ and I've today struggled to get 2nd gear a couple of times; took me a while to figure out - there's a 1 to 4 skip shift on the car. Any ideas how to disable it chaps? Dunno if wifey has hit a switch to enable it but it's a nuisance. Had it tuned out on my Camaro but with the Vette I have no idea.
IMG-20210903-WA0015.jpg20210903_132917.jpg20210903_132044.jpg

Oli

CCCUK Member
A few years ago, one of my neighbours took his wife in his TVR for half a ‘tour de France’ ; his wallet was In pain I think he underestimated how thirsty his car was, and he could barely move his arms because of absence of power steering. Poor chap - was quite funny. Hope you get your gears sorted and keep posting pics it’s really nice to see. Cheers

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Enchantè Oli, this evening we are staying in a beautiful little village called Laruns, awesome roads, much better surfaces than in Warwickshire 😂
She's now at 800 miles+ and I've today struggled to get 2nd gear a couple of times; took me a while to figure out - there's a 1 to 4 skip shift on the car. Any ideas how to disable it chaps? Dunno if wifey has hit a switch to enable it but it's a nuisance. Had it tuned out on my Camaro but with the Vette I have no idea.
View attachment 13266View attachment 13267View attachment 13268
At least the natives look friendly ! :ROFLMAO: Keep posting and good luvk with gears .

kentvette

CCCUK Member
You're not trying hard enough! The skip-shift only comes into play on light throttle loads:):)
Great pics, keep them coming!

Yellow 2

CCCUK Member
1100 miles under the tyres so far. I must be getting soft; I let The Bride drive most of today. Still no issues, apart from running a tad warmer on some of the ascents. She's looking little dirty now - big valet due, she's earned it.20210907_122041.jpg20210905_122748.jpg

Attachments

• 20210907_134555.jpg
    20210907_134555.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210907_174310.jpg
    20210907_174310.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 8

Yellow 2

CCCUK Member
Fab pics!

Where are "we" now, particularly the little town on the river?
Been staying at Hotel d'Angleterre in a small town called Arreau, straddles a river, very pretty spot, some nice eateries. Heading to Taroscsan tomorrow for 2 nights there, then north for a four-day stopover with family who now live in Dordogne. Think I'll cope.

Yellow 2

CCCUK Member
Pyragudes about two hours back. She's a dirty girly.
Car will need a good valet too.
Heading to Tarascon-sur-Ariège for this evening.
20210908_103656.jpg