Side pipe, no AC

sublimemike

Well-known user
Hi everyone, thanks for all your help, I did end up buying it in the end and I love it !!! Drives brilliant, the only problem I have found is that it runs a little hot but I can figure that out no problem.

Thank you everyone for your help and can't wait to put some miles on it ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

sublimemike

Well-known user
Carb may need a tickle and check the timing. In the mean time run your heater on hot with the fan motor to dispell heat out the motor. Mags look nice old skool.

Rowcon123

CCCUK Member
Yeh I'm trying all the tricks, but might lay off any long trips untill I get it sorted, it's get uncomfortably hot for my liking :) ๐Ÿ‘

Adtheman

CCCUK Member
I do remember him saying that it has been removed for the uprated exhaust on the phone, but will ask about it when I get down, here is the link if anyone wants a look ! :)

Looks nice. I used to live in Leicestershire and Manor cars always had a good reputation however that was a good few years ago. The fact thatโ€™s itโ€™s had a body off at Corvette Kingdom is a very good thing as those guys are the best around. Looks like a nice motor overall. Do your checks and your homework and good luck if you buy it.

Rowcon123

CCCUK Member
Yeh they were very nice and helpful when I went round to look at it, as for the car I think it needs a new alternator as the cooling fans seems to drain the battery causing it to over heat. So will get that sorted and see if it sorts the overheating out ๐Ÿ‘

Roscobbc

When you say overheating - do you mean excessive temperature indicated on gauge - and/or - difficulty hot starting (exessive fuel evaporation) - heater constantly blowing hot air. Underfloor headers can be a major source of cabin heat if routed close to floorpan (shouldn't be an issue with 'proper' sidemounts and associated headers. Perhaps simply the radiator is past it best and partly clogged - same with engine block. If previous owners have neglected to use antifreeze and filled with plain water bits of rust etc from the engine cooling galleries over the years will have built-up in engine and rad and restricted the cooling ability. Same with water pump - if it has a steel impeller that can corrode and loose efficiency.

Rowcon123

CCCUK Member
Thanks for the info, after a about 15 minutes of driving the temp gauge gets close to red if not sometimes in the red. It can drop back down to half instantly sometimes, so that stumped me a little bit. I will replace the temp sender when I get back off deployment and give the coolant a good flush to be sure.

But the radiator looks almost new, so will just keep replacing parts untill it starts to run sweet again :)

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Just a really silly question, but does the radiator / cooling system need bleeding? Might have some air trapped in there.

Rowcon123

CCCUK Member
I have ordered a bleeding kit, so will give it a drain and a bleed when I get back, going to be a while though :D but will keep this updated