Something for big block owners?

Roscobbc

My friends 5:6 Nissan Titan does 15mpg on its run from Miami to Atlanta. 750 miles each way. Bloody eye watering. Our other friends Toyota Tundra isn’t much better. Last time I borrowed it, I cried. 😂
Imagine the same length journey here in the UK.........?

Roscobbc

When you see the distance some of the population drives to and from, it’s amazing. The US is soo big and every state is different in its own way .
Having driven for so many yeaers over much of the south east, but mainly London I simply couldn't get to grips with 6 or 7 hundred miles - the boredom of it all - whether (given typical journey delays) if you'd ever get to your destination. Example - drive from SW Essex to Edinburgh. Its actually quite a nice run if you go via M25, M11 and A1/A1M, especially the east coast part once you get past Scotch Corner. But it takes so long........you can see why flying is a great alternative.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Yes, flying is certainly easier, and as the cost of flying came down in price, it made more sense to use . That’s what put the demise of the Greyhound buses in the US. Once flying became cheaper people used planes, and the bus service shrunk. Yes, they are still there, but in a much reduced form.