Switch identification please?

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
My December 1979 built 1980 model year has the differences Daytona Vette mentions . VIN is 1Z878AS411094 . Ironically mine also has that same little illuminated rocker switch adjascent to headlight vacuum release plunger . I always thought it to be an aftermarket job and it never did anything . Probably because it had no connections to it :LOL: . Never thought it could have controlled much as it is only about a 5 amp switch . I can see the possibility of an aerial switch though as my electric aerial has never worked but that`s no major problem as don`t use the after market CD Radio as the original speakers are puny and exhaust too loud man :cool:
The cut out for that switch now houses an after market toggle switch with its own dedicated wiring and in line fused supply that I fitted for a new washer pump and overcoming an earth / wiring fault I could never trace so gave up ! At least I now have a powerfull squirt for as long as I want (y)

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Yes like the Pics for the 80, I can not see from the Pics but the Diff carrier and housing should be aluminum for an 80 and the storage compartments behind the seats should be two in number and not the three lid affair.

Your aftermarket switch could also be for an auxiliary alarm, or even an imobiliser

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Yes like the Pics for the 80, I can not see from the Pics but the Diff carrier and housing should be aluminum for an 80 and the storage compartments behind the seats should be two in number and not the three lid affair.

Your aftermarket switch could also be for an auxiliary alarm, or even an imobiliser

Is the aluminum diff carrier the Dana one with the integral crossmember?