The C5 for sale at Motodrome.

benbay001

Busy user
Hi.

Does anyone have any opinions on the C5 for sale with the company Motodrome?
Its been for sale for quite a few months and the price has slowly been dropping.

The photos are poor and a few minor issues are pointed out in the walk around video but has anyone seen the car IRL?

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Bit/far too expensive for a 73k miles car? Is it not? Especially when the dealer can't even be bothered to clean it up nicely?

benbay001

Busy user
Yes, i totally agree.
Any guesses on what would be a fair price? £15k or less?

I checked the mot history and the last mot flagged a number of issues also.

Z28DUNC

Busy user
I think a manual 6 speed car was for sale at Oldcott Motors not that long ago and that was on around £14 - 15K from memory. I was much lower mileage than this with a better MOT history too. I would say its not worth more than £15k.

Problem with the manual cars is there just isn't many of them for sale at any one time so you have to sit and bide your time.

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Are you specifically looking for a manual? Put a wanted ad on here, instead of lining the pockets of some dealer? Personally, I would be looking for a lower mileage car.

benbay001

Busy user
Yes, specifically a manual.
Ive posted a wanted ad here WANTED - Manual C5 but havnt had a great response yet.

Im not ready to buy until September, but that hasnt stopped me looking and feeling out the market, and was surprised this car hasnt moved yet.

Ive just checked Oldcott Motor's recently sold and they've sold a yellow Z06, that would be my perfect car at the price they had it.

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member

benbay001

Busy user
You can see the targa roof in one of the photos whereas Z06s were all fixed roof i believe.
Its nice and looks tidy and although i would be happy to pay that for a Z06, i wouldnt be happy paying that for a normal c5.

Thanks though :)

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
You're right, its a "base" C5 targa roof with lift up rear hatch, not the C5 Z06 fixed head body. As you will also know, they are all US spec cars (no UK/Euro spec C5 Z06s produced), if my memory serves me correctly. Thing is, C5 Z06s have a dedicated following (including on here), so a good/low miles one ain't gonna be "cheap". Unless you get "lucky"? ;)

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
What a phony
Says it is a 1998 C5
There was no Z06 then, only the Billybob which was a stripped down C5 and it and then Z06 had
a trunk and NO rear hatch as seen in their photos.

Really stinks they put Z06 emblem on sides and on back of the cheaper seats
Looking at the mods it has I suspect the C5 was beat to shit like in Autocrossing.
No such thing as a Z06 clutch it states, one stock clutch for all c5 models

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
You're right, its a "base" C5 targa roof with lift up rear hatch, not the C5 Z06 fixed head body. As you will also know, they are all US spec cars (no UK/Euro spec C5 Z06s produced), if my memory serves me correctly. Thing is, C5 Z06s have a dedicated following (including on here), so a good/low miles one ain't gonna be "cheap". Unless you get "lucky"? ;)

Crap mods shown in engine bay
All that chrome on top of engine traps heat to top of engine and heats the piss out of the gas in fuel injectors
The non OEM air-cleaner setup is junk leaks air and causes air turbulence through the MAF causing odd AFR fuel trims

That metal manual MN6 shifter knob gets hot as hell in summer and very cold in winter

Being a 1998 has some odd issues such as the ABS system is in ass-end of car, did not work as well
as in 1999 it was moved to front of car.

Also 1998 had the older fuel design system where there is a fuel line from tanks to fuel rail, then a fuel regulator
there and then a return fuel line back to tank, starting 1999 that changed to a single fuel line system with regulator
in the back close to left fuel tank

Also looking at the photos this one has the smaller 75 mm MAF where Z06s had the larger 86 mm MAF

Z28DUNC

Busy user
Normally, Club policy is not to allow links to cars for sale, but as this one is being sold by one of our supporters all is good.

Z28DUNC - how can we persuade you to join the CCCUK?

Hi Rich, once I have a Corvette sitting in my garage I will be signing up!

benbay001

Busy user
I hadn't.
Its right at the top of my budget but looks like good value.
I am also interested in C6s.

Im not in a position to buy until September unfortunately, im just trying to gauge the market.

Please post any more manual cars you spot.

V

Vetteheadtony

I saw a very nice 2003 in Electron blue for £16500 at the Nationals, guy from Birmingham.