The eagle has landed

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Floor slab finally down in vette section of shed. Got to get some block delivered now. Cant wait to get it useable so I can do all the jobs on the car in comfort. 👍

Attachments

• 119C1764-78AB-4A12-B687-6B7D7013EF4F.jpeg
    119C1764-78AB-4A12-B687-6B7D7013EF4F.jpeg
    241.1 KB · Views: 22
  • DCD0642B-177C-4647-8E05-7DEB71B6B02A.jpeg
    DCD0642B-177C-4647-8E05-7DEB71B6B02A.jpeg
    251.8 KB · Views: 22

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Progress! Water, light and power across. Getting started on insulating and blocking up walls soon . Oil boiler and rads ready to fit in the vette room. Hopefully be something like ready for next winter. 👍

Attachments

• 7CC76585-A4D3-4333-A4F9-EBADF08C2522.jpeg
    7CC76585-A4D3-4333-A4F9-EBADF08C2522.jpeg
    157.8 KB · Views: 27
  • CCF1D650-7A24-4DFF-A295-93C8EDFA8905.jpeg
    CCF1D650-7A24-4DFF-A295-93C8EDFA8905.jpeg
    242.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 5C8D47E5-E367-4EE2-98D8-A02844AB535D.jpeg
    5C8D47E5-E367-4EE2-98D8-A02844AB535D.jpeg
    119.5 KB · Views: 27

Adtheman

CCCUK Member
Hi, I have some almost new Aluminium windows i could let go really cheap for a fellow enthusiast. you would need to collect from norfolk though. pm me if interested.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Looking great and really like the wood treatment down low.

We're moving in 6 weeks and I'm going from a 30 x 22 to 0 x 0 so will be going through the same malarkey. Not sure what I'm going to do in the meantime with the tools and Corvettes 😬

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Just a nosey question from a yank
Is this an electrical outlet those cables are plugged into ?

If so I thought the UK used 240 V AC and if so the gage of those wires look small ?
What amperage is that wall outlet circuit ?

Here in the USA we use 120 AC and most outlets are 15 or 20 Amp circuits with 14 or 12 AWG wire gage

E2.jpg

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
The Eagle is growing ! One minute I think its small, then I think its Huge !😬😂

the eagle is growing quickly 👍View attachment 11675
21B8B78F-A44D-42A3-AE0C-5AE0E26710A2.jpeg

If so I thought the UK used 240 V AC and if so the gage of those wires look small ?

Here in the USA we use 120 AC and most outlets are 15 or 20 Amp circuits with 14 or 12 AWG wire gage

View attachment 15530
Yes a standard power circuit, the old plug is just an old radio and the other a work light. Only temporary lights in that section until ceiling is up. Started the block walls today 👍

Attachments

• 2CF39CB2-B0A4-45FE-88A9-A28D8230317A.jpeg
    2CF39CB2-B0A4-45FE-88A9-A28D8230317A.jpeg
    155.9 KB · Views: 6
  • E7C7D038-182B-4A14-99C7-82BE75931AB0.jpeg
    E7C7D038-182B-4A14-99C7-82BE75931AB0.jpeg
    214.2 KB · Views: 6

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member

View attachment 15530

Team, 240 v wiring in the UK is measured in metric / MM and in the case of a double outlet such as this would be wired in 2.5mm on a ring main. The maximum any one plug can be is 13 amps and is backed up by a 32 amp circuit breaker at the panel.

Wire guage.PNG

Roscobbc

Comparing UK's 240 v domestic supply to USA's 110 v is like the comparison back in the early 50's when all cars (and bikes) shifted over to 12v. The higher voltage is more efficient in terms of distribution - a lighter gauge cable can be used both in terms of house wiring and appliance wiring. Anything with an electric motor is generally smaller too. Some might say that there is more risk to life using a 240v supply..........however 'like for like' anything that is 110v powered generally has to be of a higher amperage so is likely to be of an equal safety risk. The UK's electrical safety standards are considered to be the most stringent in the world........most European countries also use 230 - 250 volts..........but many use two wire domestic distribution (like the USA?)........they do not have proper 'earthing'.......it is this this creates a greater risk to personal and building safety.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Thanks for the info guys
I see why the electrical cords are smaller in diameter as here in the USA
we use in most cases singe phase 120 V with a hot, neutral and a ground so 3 wire with 14 or 12 gage wire that covers 15 and 20 Amps

Our main circuit breaker panel is feed from the street side of anywhere from 100 to 200 Amps, for homes.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Where did you get the Corvette sign from? I desperately need one of them. Just the other day I had the electricians around, and some of those buggers decided to draw lines in the light dust layer on my Vette from it being stored in the garage. I was un-amused and sent a complaint email to their company - the people that came around were just "lackies" that work for the company.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Where did you get the Corvette sign from? I desperately need one of them. Just the other day I had the electricians around, and some of those buggers decided to draw lines in the light dust layer on my Vette from it being stored in the garage. I was un-amused and sent a complaint email to their company - the people that came around were just "lackies" that work for the company.
Ooh !
a gift from my daughter, I think found online , I will ask her.
someone writing on dust on a car is trivial some would say , … I would be grunpy as f@ck!! Thats really cheeky and disrespectful and prob just a muppet who knew nothing about car paintwork . As you are a captain then I would suggest keelhauling a quite legitimate punishment 👍

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Ooh !

a gift from my daughter, I think found online , I will ask her.
someone writing on dust on a car is trivial some would say , … I would be grunpy as f@ck!! Thats really cheeky and disrespectful and prob just a muppet who knew nothing about car paintwork . As you are a captain then I would suggest keelhauling a quite legitimate punishment 👍
Just had a quick google capt K and sign comes up along with various others 👍

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Indeed, most "non-car people" think it trivial, and yes I was somewhat annoyed. Thankfully, the people who run this local electrician company are car enthusiasts (and do track days etc) and they went mad when I told them what their staff had done, and immediately dragged ALL their staff up and gave them a b0ll0cking and explained the facts of respect and people's property etc. Obviously the staff who were in my garage on the day denied it, but the evidence is right there on the car complete with fingerprints. Gotta wonder the logic of some people - thin layer of dust, you draw in it, you can't exact cover it up / undo it.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Just had a quick google capt K and sign comes up along with various others 👍
I had a look too, and they seem to mostly be coming from America. Randomly I found this one - granted I don't read French, but I get the general jist (and Google translate):
1645526961995.png
(Google: This Corvette is powered by a V8. As lightning accelerations can cause a feeling of suffocation, passengers are advised to remove all underwear that could cause respiratory discomfort.)

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Minor update in case anyone wanted to know - the staff member in question was on leave during the "all staff b0ll0cking" event, and has since confessed to the crime and apologised for being a nob. Turns out he is a young apprentice and its being reported back to his apprentice class people as a topic to discuss as part of their learning - aka don't mess with customers stuff.
So I'm happy he has confessed, apologised, and stuff is being done about it. No beatings required this time.

Last edited: