The Lesser Spotted Grand Sport

kentvette

CCCUK Member
Some years ago one (or a few!) of the Man U cars were for sale in Ireland. There was one in particular that was everything I wanted. At the time it was a lot of money for us to spend, and we passed on it. It's the biggest regret I have in "Corvette World"! :( Even now, all those years later, I could sell it here for more than it was being offered for - assuming I'd want to sell it, which I'm sure I would not!

Paul Newman

CCCUK regional rep
I'm extremely late to this thread, but I do own something comparable to 'hens teeth' it seems? I have a 2010 C6 Grand Sport with a 6-speed manual gearbox and 3LT trim package. When I purchased the car in March 2020 I pretty much knew that I'd bought a rare beast. The car was judged best C6 at this years 'Corvettes In The Lakes' event. Love the car to bits and looks the dogs danglies :ROFLMAO:(y)

Attachments

• IMG_20200517_151717.jpg
    IMG_20200517_151717.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 8

richie500

CCCUK Member
A lot of people in the US preferred the GS to the Z06, it had the same looks as the Z06, the roof came off and the engine was prone to less problems than the LS7 although down a few horses. The 2012/3 onwards had a nicer interior.
Importing from the US would set you back £40K plus all in for a nice one hence probably why there are not many here.
You have probably done this already but there are a lot of good owner Youtube reviews on the GS, one of which the guy choose the GS over the Z06 because of the engine problems of the Z06 then ended up having to rebuild the top end of his GS. Luck of the draw.