Tyre replacements

Snow Mole

Regular user
Hello All
I have purchased a C7 and it has the run flat tyres as fitted originally. I need to replace them as they are worn and I don't like the runflats as they seem to track alot on the road.
Has anyone fitted other tyres and what can you recommend.
Thanks for your help
Richard

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Richard, You might have seen this replacement runflats (Yes or No?) thread in the C6 Forum? Suspect the pros and cons equally apply to the C7? I know of one gent on here who will be going non-runflat as soon as his C7 OE tyres need replacement.

Have look on the US Forums to see what's a popular non run-flat replacement. Michelin Pilot Super Sports at the premium end of the market? At the budget end, there is a used C7 being advertised right now with Malaysian Accelera tyres on it. Not being "snobby" as I have these on my "daily driver"/were recommended to me. Would I put them on a C7? Probably not? Cheers/Peter

c5ynk

CCCUK Member
Hi Richard on my last c7 i used the Michelin Pilot super sports that are none runflats and they transformed the car ride. It was amazing not cheap but when i need new tyres for my new c7 i will be doing the same Michelin all the way and carry a M/C repair kit just to get me home which i have used when in Le Mans and worked well Mick !!

Snow Mole

Regular user
Thanks for the replies - I have replaced them with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S then got the wheel geometry done and as Mick - its like a different car. Now driveable in the wet and much better cornering.
Just need to get the tyre repair kit just incase....
Richard

c5ynk

CCCUK Member
Glad you r pleased with the results not cheap but well worth it after all its a performance car and you want it 2 perform !! Would look on ebay 4 tyre repair gear the moter bike ones r good as they r nice and compacked and use tiny co2 canisters 2 blow up tyres (although you do need about 3 2 inflate fully) Hope that helps Mick !!!

Stingray

CCCUK Member
I pot my C5 onto conventional Michelin Pilot Sports and they transformed the car.

No decision yet regarding what I'll do with the C7.