Video of two C6's on track

Fishy Dave

CCCUK Member
Filmed before the lockdown, when myself and a soon to be renewing member (Ritchie) headed to Snetterton on 9th March. It's the first time I've seen another C6 at a trackday and made for a good comparison. The video accompanies articles to be printed in the next issue of Vette News.
:)

Last edited:

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
Great stuff Dave (y) (y)
Good to see two C6s together on track, that could be a UK first.
Are you still planning to swap the diff ratio?

Fishy Dave

CCCUK Member
This was actually the cars first outing with the new ratio (I finished it a few days before this trackday). I only have a fairly slow lap on film with the old 3.42 diff, but you can sort of see the difference:
Ritchie's silver C6 has the Z51 ratios and he said that he could just keep it in 4th on both straights, whereas I needed 5th. The 4.10 has transformed the car now, making it feel more powerful and also more fun. Hope to make a better comparison next time we get to North Weald. :)

Saucyboy

New user
Filmed before the lockdown, when myself and a soon to be renewing member (Ritchie) headed to Snetterton on 9th March. It's the first time I've seen another C6 at a trackday and made for a good comparison. The video accompanies articles to be printed in the next issue of Vette News.
:)
Hi ya Dave : )

It’s Jay. That was a great day at Snett. Can’t wait to get my new purchase (C6 Z06) on track with you this year.

Just registered on here so I can learn as much as poss about the new beast : )

Fishy Dave

CCCUK Member
Hi Jay,
Good to see you on here, when you get the Z06 make an introduction post. Better still, pen an article with some piccies and email our editor, Mark Eaton. :)

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
Enjoyed that. (y) :cool:
Hope to get my Z51 out on track someday having only done a full flying lap at Le Mans in my previous one.