Well, The Cat's Out Of The Bag - My New C3!

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
As a few people guessed correctly or asked me, yes, I have pulled the trigger on a stunning 1973 C3 Stingray.😊
After two years of life and then health setbacks, it has all finally come together.

A long 25+ year history comes attached to the car which was found and imported by Gavin at EMC in 2017 and lovingly fully restored.

Due to my post surgery recovery, I had to dispatch my brother to do the inspection / test drive, but already knowing of the car made it a very easy decision.
The gentleman selling could not have been more helpful (& understanding of my predicament) and had taken great care of the car these past 5 years.

More details will of course follow.

Many thanks to all that offered advice and answered questions of which there will of course be more!
I'd like to also put on record how helpful Gavin has also been these past two years, so if you want a quality C3, make @Emc your first call.

I'm super excited as I'm sure you can imagine and as introduction, here is a fun little thing I put together.
πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

Last edited:

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Glad you found one, it certainly looked nice in the photos, and I believe 1973 was/Is one of your favourites.
Will you be fitting a set of side exhausts to it ?.

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
Glad you found one, it certainly looked nice in the photos, and I believe 1973 was/Is one of your favourites.
Will you be fitting a set of side exhausts to it ?.
Thank you so much. πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

A 1973 was always top of my list, my perfect shape and styling, but they seem harder to find, so I was starting to think I'd have to compromise that.

I had been buying the fabulous one @Letank was selling last year but sadly had to step away as Covid continued to decimate my tour work & then I became very ill.

I know already that the colour has a marmite reaction with people and having said I didn't wish to have yellow, I now do, although it not really that despite being called 'Corvette Yellow Metallic' which I believe is a rare finish to find.

As for the sidepipes, I'm going to keep the car exactly as it is for the year.

That gives me a chance to learn to understand everything about it / live with it etc, then I'll make my decision ( although I think I know the answer already... πŸ˜‰ )

Potentially the same for the colour, although from everything I have seen so far*, I really like it so would like to keep it original.
*Having not been able to go view myself and simply just do everything through my brother on video link while laying in bed, was surreal, so I need to see it in person and again live with it.

It's now being delivered in a few days having been told in no uncertain terms that I shouldn't do a 4 hour drive as my first. πŸ™ˆ

I can't wait! 😁

It's going to be a great Corvette Summer!
πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

IMG_20220401_230857.jpg

Last edited:

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Graham congrats on obtaining your 1973 Corvette, hope you enjoy it !

Attached below is the in depth GM engineering design and specs for 1973 and
some history info PDFs as of 1974 so read it to learn up on your C3

Attachments

• 74Historical.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
  • 1973Corvette.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 8

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
Graham congrats on obtaining your 1973 Corvette, hope you enjoy it !

Attached below is the in depth GM engineering design and specs for 1973 and
some history info PDFs as of 1974 so read it to learn up on your C3
Thank you so much Sir! πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
'Louie' finally arrived Friday and what a fabulous day was had! πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

I could not be happier right now, absolutely in love with the colour so that will be staying for sure!

I took it out this afternoon and had my first proper drive in over 8 months!

What a perfect sensory occasion getting to know the quirks and absorb the sense of occasion.

Insurance was a total mine field, so much so I needed an excel sheet of questions, but got a fabulous deal with Peter S Taylor via the club.
πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

As promised, some more photos and I'm looking forward to getting out again over the weekend!

Have a good one everybody!

DSC_0053 copy(1)~2.jpg
DSC_0064 copy(1)~2.jpg
PXL_20220408_113317654~2.jpg
DSC_0069 copy(1)~2.jpg
PXL_20220408_114035821~2.jpg

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Graham how wide are those rims ?
Does the right headlight cover need an adjustment, seems to be sticking up a bit in photo
Someone stole the clutch pedal ! :) :)

PXL_20220408_113317654.jpg

Go have fun and no racing the chicks ! :)

Last edited:

Rich

Administrator
Hi Graham. On a personal note can I say how fantastic it is to see you up and about after what you have faced recently. Aside from that, what a great looking car.

Whilst writing, it would be remiss of me not to remind you that the Events Co-Ordinator role still awaits your expertise (I'll get me coat).

richie500

CCCUK Member
What a stunning car, I hate gold coloured car's with a vengeance, however on a C3 it is up there as one of the best if not the best colour.
The only thing that would improve the car would be me sat behind the wheel :)
Welcome to the C3 club (y)