Well, The Cat's Out Of The Bag - My New C3!

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Dang Graham, I could not understand most of what you said because you speak some strange language ! :)
Ole '73 looks great, though the rich smoke on startup may need carb tweaking

I challenged you to a cyberspace race, and you really need to get some blower on her ASAP :)
As my old 99 Rebel really did a whooping on her ! :)

Grahama.jpgGaham.jpg

Last edited:

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
Graham how wide are those rims ?
Does the right headlight cover need an adjustment, seems to be sticking up a bit in photo
Someone stole the clutch pedal ! :) :)

View attachment 16327

Go have fun and no racing the chicks ! :)
Not measured the width of the rims yet, but will let you know.
Looked at the light and it was down, so must a have been a blip before the photo was taken. :unsure:

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
Hi Graham. On a personal note can I say how fantastic it is to see you up and about after what you have faced recently. Aside from that, what a great looking car.

Whilst writing, it would be remiss of me not to remind you that the Events Co-Ordinator role still awaits your expertise (I'll get me coat).
Thank you Rich, much appreciate. :cool: (y)

As for the Events Co-Ordinator, that still bothers me, sorry how it worked out. 😔
Right now, I need to focus on the final stage of recovery, but at the same time, I now have to get my business / income back on track, so something to perhaps revisit someday down the line. My apologies once again.

Thanks for all the wonderful comments everyone, I had absolutely the best weekend, especially as I got to drive it a little - Roll on May & driving normality!

PXL_20220408_113848437~2.jpg

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
Well it seems, officially, I bought the right one. :cool:(y)
If Larry said it, it must be so.... (with apologies to any owners of the disparaged C3 variant!)

Larry Shinoda shooting from the hip: "The styling is obviously my favourite aspect. But mostly it's the soft front and rear that we developed starting with the XP-819. My favourite of the cars is the 1973. I really like the soft nose. The soft rear on the 1974 doesn't thrill me as much as the earlier rear-end treatments. In fact it reminds me of the J-30 which in turn seems to have been styled after a steaming dog turd."

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
As above, I must confess I also like the "soft" front end of the later C3s too, and again as above I not that fond of the rear end either of the later C3s. But I wouldn't say they were anywhere near as bad as said in the quote above. Saying that, the later rear end design was what inspired me to get an earlier chrome bumper model.