What have YOU being doing or are you planning to do with your Vette?

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
... good thing they did though as they were able to alert me to having no brake lights, something to investigate.

I am the Victor!.. I am the Vanquisher!.. I am the Conqueror!.. I am also way too excited about carrying out a small electrical job on my Corvette!..
..and i have a headache and backache from spending all afternoon upside down in the drivers footwell in a superheated garage.
Fortunately im a small person, how big people work under a C3 dashboard is beyond me.
So, onto my tale of great swashbuckling heroism... Removed the brake light switch, took it apart, cleaned all contacts, put it back together, reinstalled, still doesnt work.. wtf!.. much head scratching.. remove brake light switch, take it apart, eventually realise that the contacts which look like ignition points are worn and my old eyes didnt spot a tiny gap between them.. now what?.. cant bend them in situ because if you bend one forward it bends the other back, cant get them out of the plastic switch casing to bend them.. more head scratching.. then Eureka!.. i see the light!.. i remember that my daughter uses these tiny little elastic bands for her teeth braces. I put two bands on to pull the contacts together and work them down as far as they will go so that they dont fowl the plunger, back together, reinstall, i have brake lights!!!!!!

Note: when taking the switch apart the spring will fire the plunger into the next County if youre not holding onto it.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Joy unconfined Derek ! What an enterprising Conqueror you are . Maybe your handle should now be `William `, not `Little Chuffer` . :LOL:

James Vette

CCCUK Member
I met Ron and Angela who let me sit in their 82 C3 and had a good chat. Stunning paint scheme. I posted the photos yesterday.

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Its Wednesday... Toastie Racecourse this afternoon.
I hope everyone planning on going already got their ticket...
I just went onto the website and it says 'Sold Out'.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Got mine too . It should be a cracker event on such a hot sunny day . I have just wiped the bugs and rain spots off the Vette after Earls Barton last week . Won`t arrive until about 5.30 ish as `er indoors wants to come after she gets home from work . :rolleyes: Don`t forget guys , the entrance off the Shutlanger road on the sharp bend , not the main entrance off the A5. See you there or be square !

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
You cant forget what you didnt know but now i know, i might forget.
I might drive straight past on auto pilot and carry on to the Plough pub in Shutlanger . It was my local for years and was the brain centre of the universe . If anything wasn`t known about in the front bar , it wasn`t gonna happen ! :LOL: Many a late night session in there . It`s now a posh gastro pub . :(

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Been out to a fab evening at Towcester Racecourse Classic Car & Bike meet . The first one at this new venue . A sell out with plenty of nice cars and rarities , plus a few Corvettes of CCUK members , Letank etc . plus a dark green 70`s C3 I did not recognise . Never found the owner but left a CCCUK flyer in his car .
Sorry the C3`s battery let you down Derek ,, just as well the battery in the ( whisper it ) Tesla didn`t let you down . At least you parked it in the visitors car park where it couldn`t be seen . :LOL:
But the car of the show had to be the gorgeous ` Blue Train Bentley ` like the one that famed `Bentley Boy` Wolf Bonarto raced against the prestigious Cote D`azur to Calais express and beat it ! How often do you see one ? That`s the great thing about local shows like this , you never know what will turn up . DSCF2619.JPGDSCF2620.JPGDSCF2621.JPGDSCF2623.JPGDSCF2625.JPGBlue Train Bentley.jpgDSCF2627.JPGDSCF2629.JPGDSCF2632.JPGDSCF2633.JPG

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Would have loved the Pantera if it had still been there when i finally rolled up :rolleyes:
Still, got to meet Letank due to him being the last car to leave. :)

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Pantera’s were another car that was unloved for years. Not quite Italian, and certainly not American. Could be bought for next to nothing . Now highly desirable, and quite rightly so.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
That 68 in my opinion would look so much better with white lettered tires.
Whitewalls suit Sting Rays , white lettered on Stingrays.