What have YOU being doing or are you planning to do with your Vette?

Vetman

CCCUK Member
The red bars that move with the heater control wheels to indicate Air or Defrost , or Heat or Off. Why would these slip with respect to wheel position?

Oneball

CCCUK Member
The red bars that move with the heater control wheels to indicate Air or Defrost , or Heat or Off. Why would these slip with respect to wheel position?

there’s a nylon cable (white) that goes round a disc to move the needle. Maybe check the springs are holding the little wheels in place
65990363-38A5-4CB0-8235-419B3C13011E.jpeg
780F3857-1F10-4F19-B014-D93346CB863A.jpeg

Vetman

CCCUK Member
Thanks. I will investigate one day. The wheels have a start, middle notch, and end position so fairly easy to operate without the red bars.
The Allen key needed to remove the screws that fasten the black knobs on the two slide levers are tiny but I have removed these before. These knobs have to be removed to lift the facia plate clear.

Roscobbc

'Can of worms' moment coming up. Drivers door handle needs internal adjustment. Currently need to open the door from the external door release. Snapped-off the internal handle trying to open it recently. Thanks regular forum user Corvette (Frank) for sorting me out a replacement!. So now need to remove rather fragile driver door car to disassemble window/door mechanism to adjust threaded rod that operates door lock. Fortunately I have a new door card to go on at the same time but all window felts really need replacement (and some of them are '68 year only) - so as I said above.......seems like it'll be a 'Can of Worms' moment soon as I start :rolleyes:

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Its freshly washed and polished and raring to go but it won`t stop ****** raining ! :mad:

Rain-X applied outside and Rain-X anti fog applied inside yesterday.
Having done a leaking heater delete a couple of weeks ago and with no functioning a/c and the hvac vacuum take off from the carb being used by the too short dizzy vacuum hose i need all the help i can get if it rains.

Landers174

CCCUK Member
20210517_223422.jpg

Had a few bulbs out in the DIC and HUD controls for the C6 so used my soldering 'skills' to put new ones in. Have some more to do in the driver's door next.

kentvette

CCCUK Member
With the covid restrictions and the dodgy May weather, the old '78 hasn't been out in two months, longer than it usually sits. But it was bright yesterday, so we disinterred it and braved the busy traffic on the main road to Tours:
IMG_20210521_160415.jpg
The purpose of the journey was really to call into Chassay, the huge luxury car dealership in Tours, which is also the sole French Corvette agency now, to see this:
IMG_20210521_163917.jpg
June and I have made so secret of out dislike of ME cars, but I have to say I was impressed with the C8 - everything seemed very high quality and nicely screwed together, even though this is a pre-production US spec car. And even before I'd adjusted teh seat poperly, it fitted me very nicely!
IMG_20210521_164235.jpg
Available cars will begin arriving here at the end of the year apparently. Unsurprisingly, the dealership anticipates that the majority of cars ordered will be "spiders" as its called here, as Harlan Charles has said a few times, the obvious choice! I'd be very tempted......

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
With the covid restrictions and the dodgy May weather, the old '78 hasn't been out in two months, longer than it usually sits. But it was bright yesterday, so we disinterred it and braved the busy traffic on the main road to Tours:
View attachment 10981
The purpose of the journey was really to call into Chassay, the huge luxury car dealership in Tours, which is also the sole French Corvette agency now, to see this:
View attachment 10982
June and I have made so secret of out dislike of ME cars, but I have to say I was impressed with the C8 - everything seemed very high quality and nicely screwed together, even though this is a pre-production US spec car. And even before I'd adjusted teh seat poperly, it fitted me very nicely!
View attachment 10983
Available cars will begin arriving here at the end of the year apparently. Unsurprisingly, the dealership anticipates that the majority of cars ordered will be "spiders" as its called here, as Harlan Charles has said a few times, the obvious choice! I'd be very tempted......
You appear to fit nicely in there Stephen I think you may be a convert

kentvette

CCCUK Member
You appear to fit nicely in there Stephen I think you may be a convert
HA! I think we may be! And, we even thought that colour was pretty special - it would certainly stand out here, where 98% of cars seem to be white, black or silver! Just got to find the 103k Euros that the Launch Edition will sell for here! (Which is, by the way, 1 k less than a fab all black C7 GS that Chassay had a few years ago that we'd have driven away if we could have!)

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Confusingly i like the C8 more than any Vette since the C1/C2/C3 which is odd given how different it is from them.
There was a huge risk of it losing its identity but they seem to have somehow made it uniquely Corvette and not just another McLaren or Ferrari clone despite the similarities.
Maybe they really should have gone mid-engine years ago. For what its worth the C8 gets a thumbs up from me.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I am warming to it too , especially after reading objective road reports about it . Would probably warm to it even more I had a go in one ! :)

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
HA! I think we may be! And, we even thought that colour was pretty special - it would certainly stand out here, where 98% of cars seem to be white, black or silver! Just got to find the 103k Euros that the Launch Edition will sell for here! (Which is, by the way, 1 k less than a fab all black C7 GS that Chassay had a few years ago that we'd have driven away if we could have!)
Yes it is amazing when you are happy with the older design and are not comfortable with the very new design, how your thoughts can change, I have found it a few times, I can often change my mind somewhat when I am actually standing at the side and back of the new model and then see the old shape coming through - I did that with the C6 in a showroom and saw from the back, the lines of the C3 - same with a 550 Ferrari you can see the lines from the back of the iconic 250 GTO - never the less I am not a C8 fan yet.

kentvette

CCCUK Member
I'm still a great believer in the 2/3 - 1/3 proportions of a "true classic" shape. It was interesting comparing the C8 to a lovely black C7 Z06 convertible they had next to it and I still prefer that look of the C7, or C6. But the C8 was way better in the "plastic" than I expected and it is certainly imposing. I'd be interested to try one, but as M Chassay said, less than a hand full of the people who buy one will ever actually "push" it and almost no one will ever "track" them, most owners just poodle around and talk a good talk! :)