What have YOU being doing or are you planning to do with your Vette?

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
My last car show of the year is this sunday then the car will not be used until probably february or march. 🤬🥶
Hope the weathers OK for you.
You can of course take it out for a little drive if the weather is dry. T-Tops off of course. Corvette heaters have always been pretty good, so you should keep nice and warm.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
I never use the park or handbrake, as a part time waxer my car only goes to car meets/shows/occasional fun drives so i tend to park on level ground or level in the garage.
Side note : very long shot Nassau65 do you know Kirby Carpenter from Daytona way, he has been into Vettes for 50+ years having owned mainly C2's and C3's I bought his wife's C3

For those that are not waxers :)
Here is a trick I have been using for many years with parking brake handle
When you want to blow someone from a stop light or staging lights at drag strip

Push the release button of handle in and while holding it in drill a small hole through the handle and button
Now when at war, push button in and slide a small rod through the case

This will prevent parking brake handle not to latch so when needed, hold the handle up and will not have to have foot on brake pedal
Bring your engine revs up to torque up ( if auto tranny set RPMs higher than the torque converter stall RPMS) the car and hold that RPM
When ready, simply release the brake handle while you're hard on the gas pedal and leave the other guy sitting there with his on his pud ! :)

Will have great reaction and 60 foot times

richie500

CCCUK Member
For those that are not waxers :)
Here is a trick I have been using for many years with parking brake handle
When you want to blow someone from a stop light or staging lights at drag strip

Push the release button of handle in and while holding it in drill a small hole through the handle and button
Now when at war, push button in and slide a small rod through the case

This will prevent parking brake handle not to latch so when needed, hold the handle up and will not have to have foot on brake pedal
Bring your engine revs up to torque up ( if auto tranny set RPMs higher than the torque converter stall RPMS) the car and hold that RPM
When ready, simply release the brake handle while you're hard on the gas pedal and leave the other guy sitting there with his on his pud ! :)

Will have great reaction and 60 foot times
I was doing fast and furious back in the 80's and i still haven't grown up might have to try that
372528227-Movie94.jpg

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
I was doing fast and furious back in the 80's and i still haven't grown up might have to try that
Have to ask you guys if you buy the story
That a few days back one of your pilots crashed a new F-35 when taking off, your only Aircraft carrier ?
And now trying to get to it 1 mile down in ocean as all the secret stuff on that plane before the Russians get to it

Well today the reason they say for crash is someone forgot to take the plastic covers off the front of jet engines that then got sucked into engines on take off

I would think many processes in place to prevent that, or at least pilot does a walk around before getting in plane ?

F35cover.jpg

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
That a few days back one of your pilots crashed a new F-35 when taking off, your only Aircraft carrier ?
And now trying to get to it 1 mile down in ocean as all the secret stuff on that plane before the Russians get to it

Well today the reason they say for crash is someone forgot to take the plastic covers off the front of jet engines that then got sucked into engines on take off

I would think many processes in place to prevent that, or at least pilot does a walk around before getting in plane ?

View attachment 14448
Maybe some rookie thought they were air filters ! :ROFLMAO:

richie500

CCCUK Member

View attachment 14448
Things are happening as we speak and we will never know the truth, best to be ignorant then you wont have to worry.
On the bright side we have 23 bad boys left, not sure it will be any use with some of the tech around at the moment.
Plus £100m seems very cheap

richie500

CCCUK Member
Keeping on topic, we have a South West Meet on Saturday, then I shall be taking my Baby to the body shop for a quote. The Wally that reversed into my Car many months ago, the insurance has finally given the go ahead to get fixed Yah.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
James, I always take my '71 out for an hour or so on a dry day at least once a month through the winter. Always done it with all my classics, it' s good for the car and good for me!
Such good advice, and my dad has always advised me to do it. I keep meaning to, but very seldom do.
My New Years resolution will be drive the old cars more often on a regular basis. Hopefully I’ll stick to it.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Good to hear nick. It'll definitely be fired up regulary but not driven until it's warmed up and enjoyable.
Even on a cold brisk day, a blast in the car with the tops off is enjoyable.
Saw a couple of convertibles ( not vettes ) today with their tops down. Mad? Yes. Posing? Definitely. But they enjoyed the car which is what it’s all about.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
James, I always take my '71 out for an hour or so on a dry day at least once a month through the winter. Always done it with all my classics, it' s good for the car and good for me!
Totallly agree , a fine cold winter day is great for a blast , good for the car and good for the soul .