What Is The Farthest Distance You've Driven?

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Towcester to Sherbourne in Dorset by scenic route via Faringdon , Salisbury and Ringwood ( circa 160 miles ) . Then Sherbourne to Swanage , Swanage via Durascic Coast road to Lyme Regis and Bridport and back to Sherbourne . Sherbourne to Poole , then Poole to Towcester . Total around 500 miles from memory over three days . Great fun ! :D

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
This was the grand tour . 1 - Start point at Jacks Hill Cafe , Towcester .
2 - En route through rural Oxfordshire .
3 - Verwood Heavy Horse Centre , Dorset .
4 - On the Jurassic Coast road overlooking Chesil Beach .
5 - Julia`s House Childrens Hospice in Corfe Mullen , Dorset where we presented a cheque for Β£1,180 .00 raised on the classic car tour that Jacks Hill.JPGI organised .

en route.JPGJurascic coast.JPGJulia `s House.JPG

Jimbo64

CCCUK Member
Attended the CCCUK NATIONALS last year, from Aberdeen. Drove down east coast, 3 days at Nationals, then drove back up west coast, including a two day stay on Isle of Bute, then back home. 1,231 miles in 7 days. Only issue was a stone hitting and cracking our windscreen at 70 mph just outside Dundee and scraping our exhausts on a few bumpy roads (both issues now sorted)
Will be going to Corvette Fame in Holland this year, albeit ferry from Newcastle to Ijmuiden, so shouldn't be as many miles as last year, but still a fair journey for a 72 small block auto. Should be good. Have also attended two Hot Rods & Hills events in Lake District in the C3 and will be attending the Corvettes at the Lakes 2022 (same location as HR&H) so I suppose I'm stating that if you've serviced and checked your C3 as best you can and have faith in same and the car's build quality/reliability, then drive it whenever and wherever πŸ˜€

Attachments

• 20210717_112532.jpg
    20210717_112532.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210717_181156.jpg
    20210717_181156.jpg
    381.1 KB · Views: 11
  • FB_IMG_1626644284342.jpg
    FB_IMG_1626644284342.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 13
  • FB_IMG_1626644329522.jpg
    FB_IMG_1626644329522.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210720_145146.jpg
    20210720_145146.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 11

Roscobbc

A little confused with Chuffers images - photos show his car with 'moulded-in' nose cone and images with OEM type nose cone........o_O

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Trust you to spot that !!! I clearly dragged the wrong photo out of my digital archive as I have organised several events staring from Jacks Hill Cafe at Towcester .

Rich

Administrator
Attended the CCCUK NATIONALS last year, from Aberdeen. Drove down east coast, 3 days at Nationals, then drove back up west coast, including a two day stay on Isle of Bute, then back home. 1,231 miles in 7 days. Only issue was a stone hitting and cracking our windscreen at 70 mph just outside Dundee and scraping our exhausts on a few bumpy roads (both issues now sorted)
Will be going to Corvette Fame in Holland this year, albeit ferry from Newcastle to Ijmuiden, so shouldn't be as many miles as last year, but still a fair journey for a 72 small block auto. Should be good. Have also attended two Hot Rods & Hills events in Lake District in the C3 and will be attending the Corvettes at the Lakes 2022 (same location as HR&H) so I suppose I'm stating that if you've serviced and checked your C3 as best you can and have faith in same and the car's build quality/reliability, then drive it whenever and wh

Rich

Administrator
Will be going to Corvette Fame in Holland this year, albeit ferry from Newcastle to Ijmuiden, so shouldn't be as many miles as last year, but still a fair journey for a 72 small block auto. Should be good. Have also attended two Hot Rods & Hills events in Lake District in the C3 and will be attending the Corvettes at the Lakes 2022 (same location as HR&H) so I suppose I'm stating that if you've serviced and checked your C3 as best you can and have faith in same and the car's build quality/reliability, then drive it whenever and wherever πŸ˜€
And Jim won a very well deserved Chairman's Choice at the Nationals for his efforts.
Looking forward to catching up with you at Fame.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Longest I've driven my C3 was when I picked it up from the importer back to my house. So over 200 miles, and around 3.5 to 4 hours flight time.

Nowadays I hardly drive it that far as I don't really go out much nowadays. It has a few issues, but nothing that affects its driving abilities. I'd happily drive it a reasonable long distance, probably take it to Cornwall again at some time.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
2019 the Nationals was the same weekend as Stars & Stripes so did S&S on Saturday and set the alarm for 5am on Sunday. Peaked out the window when the alarm went off to see the start of a glorious sunny day so drove to the Nats, spent a few hours there then headed back home to Manchester. Arrived home drenched in sweat even with the tops off and window out I was like an oven ready chicken. About 300 miles I'd say

20180520_181249_resized.jpg

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
In a C3 it’s Clearwater FL to Dallas TX, in my own personal 65 On a car buying trip to Belgium onto Holland onto Germany.
Also been to Juan la pan, nice onto Monaco.
Boy did it drink some juice.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Longest I've driven my C3 was when I picked it up from the importer back to my house. So over 200 miles, and around 3.5 to 4 hours flight time.

Nowadays I hardly drive it that far as I don't really go out much nowadays. It has a few issues, but nothing that affects its driving abilities. I'd happily drive it a reasonable long distance, probably take it to Cornwall again at some time.
First long drive in my C3 was the day I bought it . Huddersfield to home , 130 miles and most of it on motorway . You really need to get out more Captain !!

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I remember once we went to the car auctions in Lakeland FL, a few of us went including my friends 17 year old daughter. Anyway we bought some cars including a red/red 1980 corvette which she drove all the way back to Miami, never having driven much let alone a vet before. She absolutely loved it. Not long after that she bought one of her own.

Roscobbc

22 years ago when first purchasing my Vette was probably the longest one way journey was bringing it back home from Solihull - (about 120 miles) - since then, several times to the nats, perhaps a 180 - 200 mile trip. The nats trip are the most challenging - not the physical length of the journey, my car is perfectly capable of comfortably and easily doing several hundred miles without skipping a beat. However the 'driver' (me) is far less resilient, especially during our hot summer months. Driving perhaps at a constant 55/60 mph with the rear window removed, the tops off and windows down is a tolerable and generally really enjoyable experience.........but get caught in heavy and non-moving traffic and I get gradually barbequed...........so tend to be very selective about longer journeys and prefer the 25/30 mile trips now.........mind you the cost of gas is doing the job for me now. o_O

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
22 years ago when first purchasing my Vette was probably the longest one way journey was bringing it back home from Solihull - (about 120 miles) - since then, several times to the nats, perhaps a 180 - 200 mile trip. The nats trip are the most challenging - not the physical length of the journey, my car is perfectly capable of comfortably and easily doing several hundred miles without skipping a beat. However the 'driver' (me) is far less resilient, especially during our hot summer months. Driving perhaps at a constant 55/60 mph with the rear window removed, the tops off and windows down is a tolerable and generally really enjoyable experience.........but get caught in heavy and non-moving traffic and I get gradually barbequed...........so tend to be very selective about longer journeys and prefer the 25/30 mile trips now.........mind you the cost of gas is doing the job for me now. o_O
Likewise . I loath stop start traffic in my C3 and get impatient to be on the move and get some cool air through the car and driver . I can cope with the noise on long journeys ( `er indoors complains though ! ) until I get either to destination or home , then my head is buzzing and feel totally ` wired ` for a couple of hours like I have just been to a rock concert . :rolleyes: