What Is The Farthest Distance You've Driven?

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Agreed, nothing worse than stop/start traffic. Even sitting in it nearly everyday, I still hate it. 2 hours to do 25 miles, think my sisters tortoises could do it quicker. Once they wake up that is, they have been blissfully sleeping since October. Will probably awake in May.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Average speed of 12.5 mph ! have thought of taking up jogging or getting a bicycle ? Are rather fancy the tortois life style though . :LOL:

Roscobbc

Certainly with all the traffic in the Greater London area nowadays, I can’t see why you would want a manual
Up and to the Covid 'hit' I spent at least two or three days driving to various places in London and within M25 border for the best part of 30 years...........and yes, transmission of chojce for that was an automatic.

Last edited:

Piginvet

CCCUK Member
I actually took mine to 24hr Le Mans (2015) when we was sharing tents and didnt think i needed to much kit! πŸ˜‰
Only hiccup was when, 5th from front on Channel Tunnel, the exit side door opens to go......
and she wouldnt start!😱
A guard, my son & me pushed her off doing about 100mph, trying to hide from the embarrassment! πŸ™ˆ

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
Only hiccup was when, 5th from front on Channel Tunnel, the exit side door opens to go......
and she wouldnt start!😱
I've had that happen with a tour bus when we were at the front. They had to find a tractor to tow us off.

We arrived at the venue in Paris at the time we were due on stage. I somehow still made a show happen, but a close squeak! πŸ™ˆπŸ˜

Was the problem on the way home or going and any idea why it didn't start? πŸ€”

Piginvet

CCCUK Member
Was the problem on the way home or going and any idea why it didn't start? πŸ€”
TBF the guard called up for a breakdown but we beat a path out the terminal long before he ever showed πŸ˜…
It was on the way out Graham, and it was the Kill Switch Terminal on the battery....think all the jigging & swaying in the carriage caused it to loosen, an easy fix, but one arse flexing experience!😏
TBH its happened a few times since, normally in petrol stations ( when i could afford the stuff!πŸ™„) but i just normally just give it a quick loose & tighten as a habit now!

FIVE RED

CCCUK Member
Although not always driving, the longest journey we took with our Vette started in the North East.
Ferry from North Shields to Amsterdam, drive 90 minutes then loaded onto a train while we took in the Rhine Valley & Switzerland from our sleeper compartment. Off the train in Livorno then drove to Pisa for lunch, onward drive north to our base in Brescia where we drove up to Cortina for a night. While in Brescia we did Lake Garda, Verona & then back to Livorno. Back on the train to Holland followed by a dash back to Amsterdam to catch the ferry back to North Shields. No idea of the mileage covered but the Vette was a peach to drive throughout.
Apologies to GCorvette who posted in the C3 section - we were in our C5

Attachments

• SAM_0831.JPG
    SAM_0831.JPG
    171.1 KB · Views: 4
  • SAM_0838.JPG
    SAM_0838.JPG
    185.5 KB · Views: 4
  • SAM_0902.JPG
    SAM_0902.JPG
    190.3 KB · Views: 4

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Few of us going on a spring tour in the Scottish Highlands first week in April so will rack up a few very expensive miles the way fuel costs are. Three C2's and two I don't know until we meet in Stirling 2nd April

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
You really need to get out more Captain !!
You are quite correct. Alas, I don't have need or time to go out much - either working from home, or finishing my DIY project at the moment. Consumes all my time. Prior to that, it was winter so I didn't use the Vette anyway. When I do go out nowadays its mostly to get stuff or take stuff to the tip, so necessitates bigger "daily drive" car to carry the stuff.
Took the Vette out a couple of day ago as needed to pick up some small stuff that would fit in the Vette. It was a sunny day, so I figured why not. If I can fit stuff in the fun cars, then I'll use em - last time was the FTO's turn an I took it to the farm shop to pick up whole load of meat.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Towcester to Sherbourne in Dorset by scenic route via Faringdon , Salisbury and Ringwood ( circa 160 miles ) . Then Sherbourne to Swanage , Swanage via Durascic Coast road to Lyme Regis and Bridport and back to Sherbourne . Sherbourne to Poole , then Poole to Towcester . Total around 500 miles from memory over three days . Great fun ! :D
Love lyme and the jurassic coast. In fact we saw a light blue convertible early years vette in lyme regis, I think it may have been the one you can hire from down on the south coast somewhere. . Looked very prettyπŸ‘

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Almost yearly for some time I would drive from the Silicon Valley in Ca to Chicago, about 2,800 miles and then drive back
Would leave about 4 AM one day, drive till about 2 AM, stop, sleep for 2 hours and on the road again and be there in the next afternoon
The only stops were for gas fillups.

Always on lookout for cops as if they stopped me I would have been in jail for some time, :)

Last edited: