What Is The Farthest Distance You've Driven?

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
Almost yearly for some time I would drive from the Silicon Valley in Ca to Chicago, about 2,800 miles and then drive back
Would leave about 4 AM one day, drive till about 2 AM, stop, sleep for 2 hours and on the road again and be there in the afternoon
The only stops were for gas fillups.

Always on lookout for cops as if they stopped me I would have been in jail for some time, :)
Same as myself - I'm a driver.
I've driven across Europe a few times in my previous C6 and done an 18 hour stint at the wheel with just gas stops. 😀(y)

One day I plan to drive East Coast to West Coast North America and then back in a Corvette.
Maybe a complete circle, East to West in Canada and West to East in America.

With the future C3, distance driving will only come once I know the car and my own capabilities with it, but I would like to take it across Europe for sure. :cool:(y)

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
@GCorvette I forgot to ask but were you in the band Genesis?
No, I wish....but
I was a huge fan of them in the 1970's when I was at school, but I got to know Phil Collins in 1980 and ended up leaving school to tour with them.
He is still a friend today and I managed his eldest son for a few years along the way.

Ironically my middle name is also Phil and I play the drums too.

All very weird how it turned out. :cool:(y)

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I've driven across Europe a few times in my previous C6 and done an 18 hour stint at the wheel with just gas stops. 😀(y)

One day I plan to drive East Coast to West Coast North America and then back in a Corvette.
Maybe a complete circle, East to West in Canada and West to East in America.
Not in a Corvette, but I've done a few Europe tours as well with long touring days. Loved them, and you see some wondering sights, and great scenery.

I also want to do the road trip from one side of US to the other. Annoyingly, my now wife did it shortly after we met - it had been booked for her and her family to do it for ages. Alas I was too new on the scene to join in on it, and now she's "done that" she's not that interested in doing it again any time soon. Oh well, have to wait for a bit then.

fine69

Busy user
I drove to Le Mans and back in the '71. 800 odd miles. Drifted the vette on the grass as we were about to leave Le Man and sliced the tyre on a stone! 285 tyre wasn't going to fit in the spare wheel holder so it had to go in the car (just about), which meant throwing most of our stuff away to make space....
On top of that the spare was an old bias belted tyre that was so cracked I was amazed it still held air! The drive home was not fun....

I will be more prepared next time.

Driven from London to Dordogne in the '66 Mustang (broke down on the way home, was over charging and blew a mega fuse), and London to Belfast in the Mustang and '69 Camaro.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Drove a Commer Minibus with 5 mates from Northampton to Dover , Calais through central France to Andorra , Andorra to Callella on the Spanish Mediteranian coast . Then all down the Costa Del Sol , osta Brava and Costa Blanca to Benidorm . Benidorm to San Sebastian , then up to Biarritz and then back to Calais via Paris and then Dover to Northampton . A good 3000 + miles I recon in three weeks . That was in 1970 and the Commer was getting on in years even then .! Just one broken fan belt in Barcelona and the dynamo brushes giving out after dark near Silverstone . Limped the last few miles home on the battery !!
The following year did it all over again except for Andorra in this old Thames 15cwt van with three on the tree gear shift and vacuum wipers . Did that in 2 weeks , driving and navigating in shifts and kept awake on rather `special ` medication ! DSCF2472.JPG :LOL: ☮️