White tyre lettering

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I wonder if it`s the shroud that clips onto the inner wing to close off the apperture that the upper control arms pass through . It might hav come inclipped and swung down . :unsure: If not it`s definitely a black thing as Nassau said . :LOL:

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
I wonder if it`s the shroud that clips onto the inner wing to close off the apperture that the upper control arms pass through . It might hav come inclipped and swung down . :unsure: If not it`s definitely a black thing as Nassau said . :LOL:
You might be right. A tiny hole is visible which those flaps have for the plastic rivet clips

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Of course wheels and tyres are such a personal choice, there’s no right or wrong.
I like the factory wheels, what’s not to like.4647B1F9-8D30-4CEF-8FC2-BD909A8CCFCF.jpegF53AD0AF-9E03-48A5-99FF-24FE98D147FC.jpeg

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
You might be right. A tiny hole is visible which those flaps have for the plastic rivet clips
I spotted what what looked like a small hole that could be where the plastic rivets go , they are a bit tricky to get a good push fit in as the inner wing flexes when you apply pressure to get the rivets fully home .

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Of course wheels and tyres are such a personal choice, there’s no right or wrong.
I like the factory wheels, what’s not to like.View attachment 15025View attachment 15026
I quite like the LOOK of the factory wheels, but I don't like the practicality of the wheels on the left (above) where the centre caps can just fall off whenever they want too. I replaced my original wheels with alloys, mostly because I was fed up with them falling off, or lazy people kicking them off as they walked by not minding their feet.

Nick B

CCCUK Member
I quite like the LOOK of the factory wheels, but I don't like the practicality of the wheels on the left (above) where the centre caps can just fall off whenever they want too. I replaced my original wheels with alloys, mostly because I was fed up with them falling off, or lazy people kicking them off as they walked by not minding their feet.
Funny you should say that Captain because I need to get Superman to help pull the centre caps off of mine!

antijam

CCCUK Member
Funny you should say that Captain because I need to get Superman to help pull the centre caps off of mine!
Me too. My Rallye wheel centre cap needs a serious heave to get off and a serious thump to get it back on again. I wouldn't have thought they'd be prone to sporadic departure.:unsure:

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I had one come off once while I was driving, went down a large pot hole in the dark and heard it come off. That was in 1979. Had a good look for it in the dark but never found it. Returned in the daylight for a second look but no luck.
wow, that was 43 years ago, how time flies.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I had one come off once while I was driving, went down a large pot hole in the dark and heard it come off. That was in 1979. Had a good look for it in the dark but never found it. Returned in the daylight for a second look but no luck.
wow, that was 43 years ago, how time flies.
43 years ago , Wow ! and there`s me thinking that potholes were a modern phemona caused by local authorites ineptitube and lack of funding . :rolleyes:

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
One of mine on the rear (forget which side) was really bad - it once fell off whilst driving, but I saw it in the rear view and recovered it. Ever since that it would just fall off sometimes when parked up. Before all that, I found it off and on the floor at a show once - I think someone accidentally knocked it, making it fall off. The other 3 centre caps stayed on whilst driving thankfully, but easily came off if you tried. I'd just had enough of them, and I also wanted the alloys as (IMHO) they looked better as well. Added bonus was replacing the tyres as well, as they were BF Goodrich white letter ones that had come with the car from America..... lets just say I wasn't impressed with their handling etc (granted they may have been old). With the new alloys and new better spec tyres the car was transformed - and no more silly wheels that liked to fall apart.