1 of 2 Convertible ZR2's for sale

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Totally agree. There are more 1967 427/435 cars about nowadays than Chevrolet actually built. Work that one out. 😂😂
And nearly all of them have immaculate paperwork and provenance. Once big bucks are involved anything’s possible.

Roscobbc

And nearly all of them have immaculate paperwork and provenance. Once big bucks are involved anything’s possible.
There have been a couple of relatively high profile cases of that kind of thing happening here in the UK involving Jags and Aston's that have been cloned and with no genuine links to their supposed history.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
It always amazes me when I see a advertisement for a car that says it’s rare because it has a option delete. It might be rare, but probably not desirable. Ie Rare heater delete, who the bloody hell wants a car without a heater.

Roscobbc

It always amazes me when I see a advertisement for a car that says it’s rare because it has a option delete. It might be rare, but probably not desirable. Ie Rare heater delete, who the bloody hell wants a car without a heater.
Someone with a big block Vette? - that powerplant is jusy like a giant storage heater!

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member

Hardly intended as a comfortable daily driver - more of a drag strip monster

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Indeed, those 427’s were a bit of a monster as were the 454’s. A nice 327 or 350 makes for a pleasant ride. The 74 454 was a nice civilised ride if an auto, hard work in a manual.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
That's what drew me to the LT-1's. Close to BB power but small block handling. And only available in manual

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
A good friend of mine ( now gone unfortunately) painted a silver one many many years ago. Saw it at the corvette show in Syon Park 89 or 90. It still looked lovely then, and the paint was a few years old by then.
It was Barry Sturgess. ( who owned G Force the 428 cobra jet Mustang

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
Quite a good article here about the origins of the ZR1 and ZR2
Any option that added weight and not speed was deleted, hence no radio, a/c or power steering, the latter two being a sap on engine power too.
Interesting there was no radiator fan shroud, considering all the fuss about their importance normally.
Without lifting the hood, the only externally visible difference on the ZR2 to a regular big block ‘71 is the radio delete, from what I can see? Oh and perhaps the engine output and compression figures on the console badges.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
It's great that Zora pushed (and failed) these high performance Corvettes in that era and in that so few were ordered. That in itself creates the story and to have one of 12 over here is quite special. I live not far from these and have been told today I can go see both the ZR2 and SWC next week. I'm hoping to do an article for VN before they go back Stateside?

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
It's great that Zora pushed (and failed) these high performance Corvettes in that era and in that so few were ordered. That in itself creates the story and to have one of 12 over here is quite special. I live not far from these and have been told today I can go see both the ZR2 and SWC next week. I'm hoping to do an article for VN before they go back Stateside?
The SWC stands a good chance of staying over here me thinks, but for the ZR2 if proven to be one, it will be off to the states.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
I was and still am interested in the split but from the pics sent to me today, it needs a body off resto. Not sure I have that in me given the cost of one year only parts. We'll see next week. Anyone interested in the yellow LT-1 or '65 big block L78 ? 😬

Corvette ZR2

Regular user
Would be great to find out how the ZR2 arrived over here? Possibly a racer, or the military?
Strange story. It was due to enter a race in Italy, but couldn't as it didn't have a roll bar. It would cost too much to ship it back to the States, so the UK driver brought it back here and it was sold to a DJ up in Sunderland. I believe that's the story.

20220524_190529.jpg