Any info on Jan delivery dates?

nickprice

Regular user
Hi guys. First post here. I have a C8 ordered for delivery in January. Does anyone have any more details on the likely delivery schedule?

I've tried to ask Ian Allan Motors before but they are absolutely horrible at responding to emails - sometimes taking over a month to reply despite reminders. To be honest it's been a very underwhelming experience so far with them.... but that's for another post....

Anyway, keen to hear if anyone has any further information as the new year is closing in on us.

Cheers, Nick

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Congrats on the C8 order - hope you get it soon and show it off to us in the club.

Alas, I don't know any details about C8 deliveries. Sorry.

Roscobbc

Hi guys. First post here. I have a C8 ordered for delivery in January. Does anyone have any more details on the likely delivery schedule?

I've tried to ask Ian Allan Motors before but they are absolutely horrible at responding to emails - sometimes taking over a month to reply despite reminders. To be honest it's been a very underwhelming experience so far with them.... but that's for another post....

Anyway, keen to hear if anyone has any further information as the new year is closing in on us.

Cheers, Nick
Welcome to the forum Nick - what a great purchase - not sure if anyone on here will know the answer to your question. I do know someone that may have more information.......I'll ask the question.

Rich

Administrator
When I was at Ian Allan Motors last week, they collected the first C8 themselves from the docks (rather waiting for delivery by transporter) so that they could start the process of getting it on the road. Their delivery schedule is governed by GM and the first batch is not that many. Depending on when you were advised of a January slot, you may have to wait which is not the fault of Ian Allan Motors.

You could try a PM to Craigyboy.

Markno9

Regular user
Hi Nick
Hopefully not too long for you! If I may ask when did you place your order ?
Coupe or HTC, also what colour did you go for ?

Thanks
Mark

nickprice

Regular user
It was Craig (Woodhouse) I have been emailing. Assume that's Craigyboy? I was just hoping someone else might have done the chasing cause it's so epically painful trying to get a response. Not particularly in a rush as it's winter, it's just the deafening silence that's getting to me as it gets closer and already away for large chunks of January! :-/

Markno9 - put down my build slot deposit about 2 years ago (Dec 2019)! It's an Accelerate Yellow coupe with lift. (went yellow, red then finally back to yellow after seeing the launch presentation).

Markno9

Regular user
Nick I don't think it will be too long for you then and not defending them but I think the lack of communication / response with IAM is possibly down to unprecedented volume of enquires on the C8.
I ordered mine early Jan 2020 so fingers crossed we might get ours similar times

Regards
Mark

Roscobbc

My contact has several C8's currently on order in the UK. In his opinion delivery will depend on when your vehicle was ordered and when your build slot is. He said that the cars are coming in to the UK in dribs and drabs. Why not call Kevin Hurle, dealer principle? - a busy guy but perhaps he can give you further information?

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
A mate of mine has a C8 convertible on order and is due in two weeks along with four others. He's a serious collector but has decided to flip it due to lack of GM customer support and the lift nose kit he added and paid for won't work in the UK he's found out!

Jim W

CCCUK Member
I put a deposit on a Red Mist Convertible 18 months ago in the middle of 2020. I am too late to get a Launch Edition and some way back on the waiting list for a bespoke car. It seems Ian Allan Motors aren't getting as many cars as they have deposits for.

Jim W

CCCUK Member
If that's true it's a small percentage of the deposits they already have. - But on their web-site they are still inviting people to pre-order a C8.

Termie

CCCUK Member
A mate of mine has a C8 convertible on order and is due in two weeks along with four others. He's a serious collector but has decided to flip it due to lack of GM customer support and the lift nose kit he added and paid for won't work in the UK he's found out!
Why won't the nose lift kit work in the UK?

I ask having ordered it myself!

Markno9

Regular user
Why won't the nose lift kit work in the UK?

I ask having ordered it myself!
I think the front lift will only work when activated manually, and it's the auto GPS system that is supposed to remember upto 1000 places that won't work in the UK
But I could be wrong as I haven't had it confirmed yet

Termie

CCCUK Member
I think the front lift will only work when activated manually, and it's the auto GPS system that is supposed to remember upto 1000 places that won't work in the UK
But I could be wrong as I haven't had it confirmed yet
Ok, thanks, I can live with that - although obviously I would prefer the GPS system to work.

I'm still being told my launch edition car should arrive by the end of the year, but given it is winter, I'm not in a particular hurry, plus I am away for a couple of weeks in December. Maybe Santa will bring it round...

Jim W

CCCUK Member
I'm still being told my launch edition car should arrive by the end of the year, but given it is winter, I'm not in a particular hurry, plus I am away for a couple of weeks in December. Maybe Santa will bring it round...

I missed out on the launch editions.... when did you get your pre -order in?

Termie

CCCUK Member
I missed out on the launch editions.... when did you get your pre -order in?
I was pretty early... July 2019. I think I was in the first 30 or 40 folks. I've never driven a vette before, so a bit of a risk, but on paper it ticks the boxes I wanted ticked.

Mine is a red mist (or tactical red in UK speak) launch edition convertible, so some similarities to your order. The downside to the launch editions is you can't change the spec apart from adding front lift. I would have changed the wheels and also the interior scheme a bit, given the option. But I was pretty sure on the exterior colour I wanted.

Jim W

CCCUK Member
A red mist convertible with front lift is exactly what I want, but I got my pre-order in a year later than you in July 2020... Oh well, I just have to wait a bit longer.