Anyone got different toys ?

Roscobbc

Some years I was watching one of these on the A12 Eastern Avenue, (presumably on it way back from the Enfield pagent) - it pulled away from a set of light at a rate of speed that a few of the days might have struggled with........very impressive.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I am also impressed with the amount of suspension travel as the Sentinel charges up the loading ramp in the video . Imagine doing that in a modern truck ! ... NOT !

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Just had another day playing in the big Thomas the Tank toy box and Colin the Crane passed its LOLE Regs Insurance inspection today so the long awaited lift of Sir Lamiels boiler should take place in a week or so and the heavy general overhall can really crack on . How about one of these Cowan Sheldon 76 ton lifting capacity Breakdown Crane View attachment 13374

monsters for all those Corvette body off restoration projects ? :LOL:
I have one of these as well (or very similar). Granted mine is yellow and is in OO scale...... not so useful for Corvette body off restorations..... except maybe on my scale C3 Corvette I have. :ROFLMAO:

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
They say size matters ! :ROFLMAO:
Apparently so.

But on the matter of trains - an update for you: layout still in progress, just not progressed much at the moment. Combination of being really busy recently, summer making the loft inaccessible (too hot!) at the moment, and when I do get go time then a lot of planning and trying things out and staring into the abyss up there pondering what to do. I'm having fun, wife just finds it amusing that I spend hours up there and don't really seem to do any thing. I'm experimenting with height and building base structures for that height variances etc. Read some good articles online about stuff too, so it really helps.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Apparently so.

But on the matter of trains - an update for you: layout still in progress, just not progressed much at the moment. Combination of being really busy recently, summer making the loft inaccessible (too hot!) at the moment, and when I do get go time then a lot of planning and trying things out and staring into the abyss up there pondering what to do. I'm having fun, wife just finds it amusing that I spend hours up there and don't really seem to do any thing. I'm experimenting with height and building base structures for that height variances etc. Read some good articles online about stuff too, so it really helps.
That`s the whole point of having a man den / railway layout to sit in and ponder and not really do much ! :LOL: To help you over your size complex ( crane that is ! ) here is my little DSCF3167.JPG one built from a kit during first lockdown .

kentvette

CCCUK Member
I love all that detail - the chaps moving the sleepers etc. Fab! I'm still working on some of the detail stuff in our Defender garages, but good weather tend's to stop play in that area - too much to do in the garden etc!

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Thanks Stephen , I know the feeling about good weather making us only want to to stuff outdoors . I`m quite looking forward to the winter and being indoors tinkering with the layout and doing more detailing . I did the inside of garage with lighting , workbench and a mechanic in there but you can`t really see it in this shot . DSCF3200.JPG

kentvette

CCCUK Member
That's all getting way too serious for me! :) Even the telephone bell on the outside! Fab stuff, and all in tiny OO scale, at least my 1:10 stuff is a bit easier!

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
That's all getting way too serious for me! :) Even the telephone bell on the outside! Fab stuff, and all in tiny OO scale, at least my 1:10 stuff is a bit easier!
Yeah ! it`s taxing my failing eye sight a bit now ! I need stronger glasses if I am gonna carry on . :LOL:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Found this shot , more fiddly bits inside the garage with the lights on , DSCF3171.JPGDSCF2886.JPG but for real fiddly bits see the interior of the Signal Box . I am such a sad git that there is a correct proto typical number of levers for every signal and set of pionts on the layout , complete with telegraph instruments on the shelf and the Signalmans Log Book on the desk . The Signalmans pet dog is kipping in the armchair near the pot bellied stove .

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
More `sad git` stuff inside the loco shed too with lighting , fitters bench with vice , clock on the wall and all the typical notice boards found on the walls back in the day for repair lists , loco rosters etc , and doubtless the railwaymans beer and skittlesDSCF3295.JPG matches too !!!

kentvette

CCCUK Member
Now that is truly amazing stuff! Even the bits of grass growing!
And I thought I was going over the top in giving my guys some workshops manuals and magazines to read!:)
IMG_8362.JPGIMG_8361.JPGIMG_8569.JPG

plastic orange

CCCUK Member
Here's my toys:
LS powered 1950 Morris Minor - owned by me for 49 years, 1955 Rover 3.9 powered Minor, 1967 Fiat twin cam Minor, 1953 Chevy Belair with 6 litre LQ4, 2001 Honda X11 (naked Blackbird)

Attachments

• horace and atom.jpg
    horace and atom.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 4
  • martin40.jpg
    martin40.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 4
  • mab2.jpg
    mab2.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 5
  • chevysun1.jpg
    chevysun1.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 5
  • CIMG4465.JPG
    CIMG4465.JPG
    212.4 KB · Views: 5

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Wowza ! What a set of toys ! The Moggies are big step up from Dad`s 1954 slit screen Minor 805 cc that I learned to drive in back in the day . Love the Belair too , yjat must be awesome with that power plant .

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
One here for you Ross , a fabulous Super Sentinal on display Quorn & Woodhouse Station on the Great Central Railway yesterday during their 1940`s Weekend . Also a couple of Invicta Steam Rollers doing period roadworks demos . Plus a 1937 Chevrolet Straight 6 Sedan , Ford V8 and a Buick V8 . Plus loads of militaria , battle re- enactments and a stunning 20 minute display by a Sptfire Mk. XI doing loops , barrel rolls , steep dives and low level passes ! Also a bombing raid re enactment with the Auxilliary Fire Service fighting ` fire ` in a rake of railway wagons !!!DSC_0177.JPGDSC_0178.JPGDSC_0205.JPGDSC_0206.JPGDSC_0201.JPGDSC_0203.JPGDSC_0165.JPG

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Gotta say Chuffer, its always nice to see pics of the layout. The details are just amazing. I'm refraining from taking photos of my layout at the moment, as its just baseboard and bits of wood with track randomly everywhere. I need to get a lot more board to finish off the whole round the loft layout, but I'm having fun tinkering at the moment, thinking of ideas etc. Got myself miniatures recently - every time I visit the WSR I get another miniature. So far got a steam tractor engine with caravan, and a canal boat. My plan was to have a canal somewhere on the layout, especially as my layout will have a fair amount of high level track with bridges etc.

On another note, the WSR also had a 1940s display over the weekend just gone. Not as much as you had at yours, mostly WW2 vehicles. Still, two steam locos were steaming and they had the big blue diesel running (technical name I know).
1631616356386.png
1631616400500.png
1631616423905.png
1631616453184.png

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
A BIG day playing in the BIG toy box today . It was 45305`s last day in service today as the 10 year boiler certificate expires tomorrow . So a lot of expensive work ahead . :cry: I had a round trip on the footplate from Loughborough to Leicester and back this morning and she still runs like a sowing machine even though she will now get a thorough overhaul .It was my first time on a footplate in 8 years since I stood down from being a driver in 2013 so it was a treat to have a go again :)
The afternoon was spent lifting the boiler off 30777 `Sir Lamiel ` which was a finely judged and tricky job getting a 15 ton boiler out of the frames and carefully swung through the air and onto the ground . A bit heavier than lifting a Corvette body of the chassis methinks !DSCF2761.JPGDSCF2763.JPGDSCF2765.JPGDSCF2766 (2).JPGDSCF2774.JPG