Bangers & Cash 1977 Saudi Corvette JNH 820T

monty

CCCUK regional rep
Can't be a tax disc, but before I get square eyes back to some photos.
Some nice custom paint.

View attachment 4751View attachment 4752View attachment 4753
Re previous comment from 'Monty' -
I am 'the wife', Debs, and this was my car! How lovely to see a photograph of it. Ahhhh I miss my gorgeous Vette, such a beautiful car and an absolute pleasure to drive. I wonder if it's still around anywhere? Happy memories of going round Silverstone at 100 Years of motoring , the Birmingham Super Prix where we met Carroll Shelby and numerous car shows and charity events. 'Monty' took it down Santa Pod, what a great day that was! It was always an eye-catcher. :)
C3 Reg: VRG 12T
Debsx

funchi

Well-known user
Hi Daytona Vette another great up date, when I read (To my demerit I own up to) I thought you were going to come out and tell us you once owned a TR7. ??

Re the Quizical, I knew the XJS had a US gear box, and The Jenson Interceptor/FF had a US engine and gear box, it made sense that Aston Martin may have used a US gear box, we know they are famous for their hand built engines, so there was only so much a small company like Aston Martin could build, as for the Jenson Interceptor/FF I love it, but hate the Jenson Healy, (I should stop sitting on the fence, I get splinters in my arse) especially as the Austin Healy 3000 was and still is one of my favourite cars.

It is not surprising they went for a US gear box, back then we were still making wooden soap boxes/go karts.

When a gear box the Muncie M22 gets the nickname the Rock Crusher and is put in Corvettes as famous as the 427, Aston Martin knew it was a fair bet the Americans could build gear boxes that could take some punishment.

I thought the Moonroof Quizical was done and dusted, and best left at that.

You made me laugh about your childish antics, I thought I was the rough and always ready Essex boy, I bet there is not a person on this site who cannot tell us there childish antics.

It was funny when I was young if you stopped next to another sports car at traffic lights, it was often who was going to pull away first, not who was going to be left behind.

I don’t know about other sport car owners but TR owners nearly always waved at each other.

One night my brother and I went to the Aston Martin owners club held at The Eagle Kelvedon Hatch on the Ongar road, when we left he floored the Aston Martin and I was very pleased to be able to keep up with the Aston Martin, we were just like Roger Moore and Tony Curtis in the Persuaders but again I was in the wrong bloody car.

The Ferrari Dino 246 GT was then and still is my almost favourite car ever, I could have probably been just about able to afford to buy one but not run it, now I would have to sell the house and grandchildren to afford a Dino.

What I like to do in the C5 is if I see a fast car in front of me, I very slowly pull up behind them, at first they don’t know what is coming, but being big and Red you can’t miss it, and then I just floor it, well at least it makes me smile.

Last edited:

monty

CCCUK regional rep
monty (y)before I go back and check my posts please please tell me your reg, I just want to reply to Daytona Vette and I take ages to type cheers (y)
Hi funchi, i am looking for it (if you mean the Trans Am) as i can not remember the reg for it, it was a black one called the BANDIT with murals of Burt Reynolds ans Sally Fields on the bonnet, the engine bay was a mass of chrome and polished aluminium. If i can find the reg i will post it on here.

funchi

Well-known user
monty or Debs x or who ever you are :LOL: can you please stop teasing me which Corvette. I am now going to look.

Hi you are getting as bad as the others :) I sent this post just as yours came in.

Which ever car, or just a clue what page or before or after post.

Last edited:

funchi

Well-known user
And if you all keep on I am going to start posting more photos.

What the hell I will anyway. Can't wait for Bangers & Cash tonight so I can have a rest, and where this all started, I bet John is looking down with a smile.

E-9.jpgE-10.jpgE-11.jpgE-12.jpg

Last edited:

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
I thought you was going to come out and tell us you once owned a TR7. ??

Don't take the "Mick" Funchi ;). I only bought it because a) Had a girlfriend at the time who liked them b) It belonged to a very nice looking lady around the corner and c) more importantly, my '73 Jensen Healey was turning into a rust bucket. In the TR7s defence, it did actually manage to get me to and around Switzerland, via Holland, and back without the cylinder head gasket blowing. Quite an achievement?

monty

CCCUK regional rep
monty or Debs x or who ever you are :LOL: can you please stop teasing me which Corvette. :ROFLMAO: I am now going to look (y)

Hi you are getting as bad as the others I sent this post just as yours came in (y)

Which ever car, or just a clue what page or before or after post. (y)
Hi funchi ,yes i am monty (Mike) and debs is the wife.:);)

funchi

Well-known user
Not again Mike :) your post was coming in while I was going to send mine, I can see you are online I was referring to (The Last C3 picture was my car) so which photo which C3.

Last edited:

monty

CCCUK regional rep
Not again Mike :mad: your post was coming in while I was going to send mine :ROFLMAO: I can see you are online I was referring to (The Last C3 picture was my car) so which photo which C3 (y)
The Corvette reg VRG 12T.
I will sign off and leave you in peace--------------------- for now :D

funchi

Well-known user
Chevrolet are you really confessing to a TR7 and a Jenson Healy no it must be a wind up :) I could forgive you for one mistake but not two, you should have maned up and got a different girl friend.

Mike no problem. (y)

Last edited:

funchi

Well-known user
Mike fantastic (y) yes VRG 12T was a lovely looking C3.

Do you remember where it was taken I don't, and any idea of the year.

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Chevrolet are you confessing to a TR7 and a Jenson Healy :mad: you should have maned up and got a different girl friend.

I did (both). PS Taking the "P" on here is restricted to "paid up" members of the CCCUK (Hint). That's Club Rules Chapter 23/Page 324/ Subsection 3.1.1g ;)

funchi

Well-known user
No you are wrong, rule 13 over rides the rules before and after rule 13.

When I was a club member I drafted rule 13, I showed it to no one, I seconded the rule, and I put it into club law.

If you are familiar with the The Data Protection Act 1998, which was then Repealed by the Data Protection Act 1984 and again in 2018, you know I am not allowed by law to reveal the contents of rule 13, not that I had any intention with or without the Act.

And Daytona Vette spot on again it was a complete disaster. :)

The only thing on the planet that liked the TR7 was the rust Weevil, and it had eaten half the TR7 before it left the showroom, and why you would call it a showroom I have no idea, a hide room sounds more appropriate.

Last edited:

funchi

Well-known user
Hi Mike (monty) (y) I think I only went to the AAC Nationals once and it was held at the Billing Aquadrome Northampton, if I find any photos from Billing Aquadrome I will update you but it could take some time, but it sounds a little early for me, I did not get my Corvette till May 1985 , but it could have been before I had my Corvette.

2 photos especially for you from Santa Pod, a stunning custom chrome bumper C3, again does anyone know this Corvette.

M-1.jpgM-2.jpg

monty

CCCUK regional rep
Hi Mike (monty) (y) I think I only went to the AAC Nationals once and it was held at the Billing Aquadrome Northampton, if I find any photos from Billing Aquadrome I will update you but it could take some time, but it sounds a little early for me, I did not get my Corvette till May 1985 , but it could have been before I had my Corvette.

2 photos especially for you from Santa Pod, a stunning custom chrome bumper C3, again does anyone know this Corvette.

View attachment 4947View attachment 4948
Hi funchi it could be 1985 as we went a few times but we had our first child January 1985 and it might have been we missed that year due to our new addition to the family, it's so long ago my memory fades somewhat.

funchi

Well-known user
Hi monty what ever the year, was it held at Billing Aquadrome Northampton.

2 more chrome bumper beauties.

M-3.jpgM-4.jpgM-5.jpgM-6.jpg

Last edited: