Bangers & Cash 1977 Saudi Corvette JNH 820T

V

Vetteheadtony

QUOTE="funchi, post: 8933, member: 427"]
Vetteheadtony great that you have joined in. (y) When I ordered my Red on Red C5 coupe, I really liked the LeMans Z06 and my daughter preferred the LeMans Z06, but I always liked the big back window more, and was not really after performance.
That’s the plate she wears now in the bottom 2 pictures still before I owned her.
View attachment 5120View attachment 5121View attachment 5122View attachment 5123
[/QUOTE]

V

Vetteheadtony

Saratoga T/Tops?
Funchi you asked for pics of when the Daytona was white, well thanks to Chris S one of our Regional members he has just sent me a shot of the car when white, with three colours of green stripes and a dark green full leather Interior.

View attachment 4749

This is how I bough it, but it is a little different looking now, regardless of colour

The front splitter now has been changed for one with three massive air vents to aid cooling, the hood is the same style, but a higher rise to accommodate the big block (you could get a big block under the low rise hood, but it leaves insufficient space for a decent rise on the intake manifold and depth of air filter). The outset of the the rear split rim wheels was increased to fill the fenders better, and a C4 third brake light added to the roof

and ONE MORE THING - this pic shows something very very rare that you do not see on a C3 NOW, I have changed mine BUT WHAT IS IT- CAN ANYONE SPOT what I am talking about?
Vetteheadtony great that you have joined in. (y) When I ordered my Red on Red C5 coupe, I really liked the LeMans Z06 and my daughter preferred the LeMans Z06, but I always liked the big back window more, and was not really after performance.

View attachment 5120View attachment 5121View attachment 5122View attachment 5123

V

Vetteheadtony

Funchi you asked for pics of when the Daytona was white, well thanks to Chris S one of our Regional members he has just sent me a shot of the car when white, with three colours of green stripes and a dark green full leather Interior.

View attachment 4749

This is how I bough it, but it is a little different looking now, regardless of colour

The front splitter now has been changed for one with three massive air vents to aid cooling, the hood is the same style, but a higher rise to accommodate the big block (you could get a big block under the low rise hood, but it leaves insufficient space for a decent rise on the intake manifold and depth of air filter). The outset of the the rear split rim wheels was increased to fill the fenders better, and a C4 third brake light added to the roof

and ONE MORE THING - this pic shows something very very rare that you do not see on a C3 NOW, I have changed mine BUT WHAT IS IT- CAN ANYONE SPOT what I am talking about?
Saratoga T/Tops?

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Saratoga T/Tops?
Yes Tony, that is exactly as I remembered them being named, "Saratoga" but when I was Googling I got "Moon Roofs", I think they were both Brand Names - Moon Roofs contracted with GM under licence, but later fell out of agreement - Saratoga always went their own route of supplying their after market tops to the end user and not via GM