Bangers & Cash 1977 Saudi Corvette JNH 820T

funchi

Well-known user
Vetteheadtony thank you (y) (Park Lane was Stratstones Corvette & Cadillac) I knew I was not going mad.

(The west London could be the old Cliff Davis cars in Goldhawk Road)

What did we do before the internet, I vaguely remember the name Cliff Davis but did not know his history.

(Cliff Davis was one of the most successful sports car racers in the 1950s. However he was equally at home in midgets, stock cars and rallying. Cliff Davis died 34 years ago, he was 69.
Cliff Davis was known throughout Britain as an expert on American Cars and for many years ran the American Car Centre on the Goldhawk Road in London. He sold the business in the early 1980s.)

I remember the American Car Centre I think that is where I saw the black 81 Corvette which I did not buy, and not The Chequered Flag

There is a company now in 20 Lettice Street Fulham London SW6 4EH called The American Car Centre I wonder if it is the same company after Cliff Davis sold it. https://www.americancarcentre.com

I was correct about the name the Chequered Flag Company who sold sports cars but I now think they are different companies, struggling to find them.

Got them at last, not sure the old photo is them.

CF-2.JPG

C F-1.jpg

Last edited:

jukebox

CCCUK Member
4 Vettes Jukebox? Lets have some photos? Am I right in thinking that includes a silver 1996 C4 Collectors Edition? (y)
Hi you was right but that was swapped for a
Yellow 2000 c5 corvette around 4 years ago.
Will try and post some pictures later .
Have had a c2 since 2009 so do keep Them a while.

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Love the C2/Wow!! Would love to own that! What year is it?/Cragar or American Racing wheels? Is it black or very dark green? :p

Last edited:

funchi

Well-known user
Hi Roscobbc (y) missed your posted edited 01:53 re Stratstone. (Lived just around the corner to that place in the late 70's - don't recall American cars there........Park Lane dealer.......Stratstone?) (y) Merryfield Performance Cars.

Last edited:

funchi

Well-known user
Hi Code 31 Bright Blue 1982 (567 Corvette Black Book) I also think it is a stunning colour, I have a few photos it will be interesting if I come across one.

Hi jukebox (y) I forgot to add I did not expect to find a photo.

Last edited:

jukebox

CCCUK Member
Hi Code 31 Bright Blue 1982 (567 Corvette Black Book) I also think it is a stunning colour, I have a few photos it will be interesting if I come across one.
Hi you may well have as I used to use the car
a lot from buying in 1991.
The glen green car is a 1965 .