C3 Race Car Build

Corvette

Well-known user
Looking spot on and period at the front. Are you going for the Corning spoiler? I have one with the holes for brake ducting.

Last edited:

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Not sure if this helps, you probably know them, they can make to customers spec.

Thanks, do know about them, up the road in the Black Country not far from where they make Westfields.

They do look the business and are light but they’re twice the price of American Racing so a bit of a quandary

Oneball

CCCUK Member
New rear valance fitted, little bit more work to get it right but almost there, just in time for the weather to get too cold for paint.
Will order the paint next week though so have to make a final colour choice.

0935F367-5799-40FD-9AD7-F27B50C83C48.jpeg

Simonl

Regular user
Gotta say great thread Oddball, your doing a great job, I restored an 81 C3 few years ago making me wish I’d done something a bit different with it, and also making me think I need another to get my teeth into🤦‍♂️

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Radiator arrived today. Took a bit of a punt as it’s not Corvette specific but was a good price. It’s a Mishimoto one probably still made in China but not the cheap eBay stuff. Based on the measurements on the manufacturers website it’s as big as I reckon will fit.

AF5F7E60-DFEA-49EC-A0A2-E17B853CBBBC.jpeg

Just fits. Need to modify the top rad brackets because it’s about 1/2” taller than standard, clearance the shroud mount in the left as it interferes with the drain plug and turn two of the crossmember bolts round as the excesses thread is a bit close to the rad.

759804EB-10AC-40E2-882B-589E9F1AA354.jpeg

Seemd a good result for £216.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Are you going to be fitting a Torsion bar at the front?

Do you mean a brace between the wishbones mounts or an anti roll bar (sway bar)?

Yes to both. bottom out let in the rad isn’t right at the bottom so it’ll clear a roll bar.

£216 Brill, but what a minefield getting the correct rad for a non standard Vette and the Rad not Vette specific

Could have gone with a DeWitts or the like but they’re a lot of money.

I could also have a custom one made which would have been less. But because of COVID my guy wasn’t keen on measuring himself and wanted me to do it and I thought that was a bit:eek:

So took a punt, was returnable so worth the risk.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Yes a Brace between the wishbones - makes a difference - can get chassis split/crack with big blocks

Yeo going to do that. Two options either a bracket each side and bar between or a bar between front two wishbone pivot bolts. Leaving towards option 2 at the moment.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
It’s in. Going to add an extra support bracket on the bottom in the middle to stop any sagging over time but happy with it now.
395063AE-DFEB-4661-85B4-8FF9585313A5.jpeg

only had to modify the original top left bracket as it was hitting the inlet.

0547F9D1-539B-4441-BF24-7252CDD01217.jpeg

It’s about as tight as you’d want though

8DE1D68A-567A-4F70-8331-6C0E58C4B4A2.jpeg
F694E88A-C47A-4F91-9812-26CC777860CD.jpeg
AA6F0770-F3D7-4F58-B14C-956C1144A124.jpeg
73E416C4-7E58-4943-A455-0FCA92FE9BA7.jpeg

johng

CCCUK Member
Could have gone with a DeWitts or the like but they’re a lot of money.

I could also have a custom one made which would have been less. But because of COVID my guy wasn’t keen on measuring himself and wanted me to do it and I thought that was a bit:eek:

So took a punt, was returnable so worth the risk.
Where could you get one custom made for less than £216? or is that mate's rates?