C3 Race Car Build

Roscobbc

Lowest height 'drop base' filter is the OEM Chevy unit - non of the aftermarket units have as low a mountimng height over carb as the Chevy item.........however the Chevy unit will not work with a 'billet' type cable bracket.

johng

CCCUK Member
What you doing with the windscreen trim, painting or polishing? I think that is aluminium rather than stainless

Oneball

CCCUK Member
What you doing with the windscreen trim, painting or polishing? I think that is aluminium rather than stainless

I think it’s stainless. Doesn’t feel light enough for aluminium. Going to clean and polish it, paint, silicone and adhesive to be removed first.

johng

CCCUK Member
I thought mine was stainless so put some paint stripper on it to take off the paint. By the way it affected the metal I reckon it must have been aluminium. Had to paint it after that!

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Why have you gone for non-matching seats?

drivers side is a fixed FIA approved race seat. Passenger side is set up to take one but if needed but I’ve gone with the Sparco seat as it has a tilting back so you can get to the rear and is £200 cheaper.

johng

CCCUK Member
No passenger seat at all would make access even easier and would be even cheaper! Or does Mrs Oneball fancy being taken for a ride :)

Oneball

CCCUK Member
No passenger seat at all would make access even easier and would be even cheaper! Or does Mrs Oneball fancy being taken for a ride :)

Yep, will get limited road use and driving to Prescott or Shesley is a lot less faff than a trailer.

The Mini has no passenger seat and you can’t fit one as the fire extinguisher is there and it’s a right pain as occasionally I’d like to fit one.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Yep, will get limited road use and driving to Prescott or Shesley is a lot less faff than a trailer.

The Mini has no passenger seat and you can’t fit one as the fire extinguisher is there and it’s a right pain as occasionally I’d like to fit one.

Let us know when you are at Prescott as that is always a good day out and a nice drive out from me . Had some good runs up the hill in my Marcos V8 that was much better suited to it than the runs I did in my jaguar XKR . I switched off all the driver aids and finished off a set of rear tyres . :eek:

Letank

CCCUK Member
Looks great. Can’t wait to see the finished article!
You can really see the wheel arch extensions in that last photo. What width wheels and tyres are you going with?

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Looks great. Can’t wait to see the finished article!
You can really see the wheel arch extensions in that last photo. What width wheels and tyres are you going with?

10” at the rear, 8.5” at the front and 295 50r15 and 275 55r15 tyres.