C3 Race Car Build

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Rear window seal glued and window in. But as I did it up it broke one of the locating pins on the bottom. Can’t seem to find the for sale though plus i can’t put the seats in until it’s sorted.
BAF71CD6-802D-4BEB-9CD4-EF464DEB9027.jpeg

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Checked the rear suspension in full bump to make sure everything clears and it does just, need to get on with fixing on door seals which I’m not looking forward to, any tips?
1569156C-7904-472D-8901-B97D24059675.jpeg

Last edited:

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
This might interest you
BTW for us racers the IMSA Road America race is tomorrow Sunday (USA time)
The 2 C8.Rs will have to race each other again in GTLM class as only other nameplate running is 1 Porsche

C3 Racer

C3hood.jpg

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
There’s the two works BMWs and a wonkey donkey in GTLM too.
BMW has pulled out for season points and only running a few of the longer course racing
Just the 2 C8.Rs and 1 Porsche running all races and then GTLM is dead after this season with
C8.Rs move to GTD-P for next year

Oneball

CCCUK Member
BMW has pulled out for season points and only running a few of the longer course racing
Just the 2 C8.Rs and 1 Porsche running all races and then GTLM is dead after this season with
C8.Rs move to GTD-P for next year

That’s weird the entry list I saw had them on it.

Le Mans, FIA and IMSA really messed up the categories after deciding to have joint regs and then binning them.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
They just completed qualifying for tomorrow's race
I think the only reason Porsche shows up is assured to win 3rd place :)
RAq.jpg

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Door lock fannying today.

Modified the lock to change the internal release from push to pull
6A58EF94-8F9D-49D3-9B27-A60A4FE6EEE3.jpeg

And the put an internal release mechanism together with some Mini bits.
AE3CB91F-B93A-4C11-8AEC-827BA1FC0800.jpeg

johng

CCCUK Member
Checked the rear suspension in full bump to make sure everything clears and it does just, need to get on with fixing on door seals which I’m not looking forward to, any tips?
I found the door seals to be a bit tricky to do on my own. You need to know how much tension to put on the seal as you fit it. My plan was to put it on without any glue and mark the seal and door in a number of places so that I could then glue one section on at a time and know I had it in the right place. Trouble is I couldn't hold it in position and mark it with just one pair of hands. My tip would be to grow another pair of hands.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
I found the door seals to be a bit tricky to do on my own. You need to know how much tension to put on the seal as you fit it. My plan was to put it on without any glue and mark the seal and door in a number of places so that I could then glue one section on at a time and know I had it in the right place. Trouble is I couldn't hold it in position and mark it with just one pair of hands. My tip would be to grow another pair of hands.

Thanks. Will see if the Mrs can help.

antijam

CCCUK Member
Attach both ends of the seal and position it dry around the door to stretch it as necessary. Mark door and seal at two points about 6" apart roughly midway along the seal. Pull the seal away and apply adhesive to marked length then press into position aligning the seal and door marks. Detach the ends, apply adhesive to one half at a time, re-attach the end of that half and press the seal into position. Repeat for the other half.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Attach both ends of the seal and position it dry around the door to stretch it as necessary. Mark door and seal at two points about 6" apart roughly midway along the seal. Pull the seal away and apply adhesive to marked length then press into position aligning the seal and door marks. Detach the ends, apply adhesive to one half at a time, re-attach the end of that half and press the seal into position. Repeat for the other half.
Sounds like a good plan.