C3 Race Car Build

Roscobbc

There was a large Club logo sticker like that at one time. Ross might remember - Pete K had one on the rear deck of his car. It went when he had the car re-sprayed.
One of our members got those made-up - he (I believe) simply had the vinyl company scale them up from images supplied. Don't think the member belongs to the club now. It was our drag race series - points were awarded for attending any drag meet with you car - maybe additional points were issued for winner/loser on 'grudge' races with other members. Pete Knodt might recall more.

Roscobbc

Forget the stickers, you cannot go faster with them :)

But this new GM crate 672 CI N/A carb Big block engine with 1,000 HP and 900 ft/lbs of torque will help you get wins !

1000 HP crate engine

also a tranny that can handle to power on same page
A really interesting build-up. Notice that intake ports are more of a rounded-off square section. That engine is certainly very much biased towards the upper end of the rev band. They mention 600 ft/lbs torque at just 3000 rpm.....certainly a robust figure. Interesting that my oval ported 489 makes a similar, (albeit maximum) figure (606 ft/lbs) at a slightly higher 3850 rpm......

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Dang 30 grand, big bucks for sure
Wonder where the mounts are for the alternator and power steering ?

86 lb/hr fuel injectors, need a really high flow fuel system

ZZ632.jpg

Roscobbc

Still needs more stickers - why not do that....... and run a series (in white vinyl) of either horizontal, vertical or slightly angled strips, say 1/2" wide, (and using the existing pinstripe line as a 'frame') cut out stripes over the stickers and perhaps increasing in width as you get closer to the rear of the car where it can become solid?

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Still needs more stickers - why not do that....... and run a series (in white vinyl) of either horizontal, vertical or slightly angled strips, say 1/2" wide, (and using the existing pinstripe line as a 'frame') cut out stripes over the stickers and perhaps increasing in width as you get closer to the rear of the car where it can become solid?

There needs to be space for race series sponsors stickers, the oval one behind the rear wheel is hilllclimb championship one.

If I don’t like this after the first event I’ll just peel them off.