C3 Winter Works

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Funny you should mention that its not a standard Corvette Red. My local paint shop who mixed me some for my front bumper called it Lagoon Red, In the right light it does change to a more orangey hue. Apparently you can buy a patent leather Louis Vuitton handbag the same colour. Maybe not !!!
You could always get a set of Louis Vuitton tailor made luggage in Lagoon Red to match . That would add pose value ! :ROFLMAO:

Adtheman

CCCUK Member
A bit further with the strip down. Mufflers off, fuel tank out and metal shroud. The fuel hoses were completely fxxcked. I’ve got good access to the rear of the chassis now, some surface rust but nothing too nasty, will get that all cleaned off and repainted. Fuel tank clean, paint and have a new sender unit on order with CK. My build sheet has seen better days πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚AAE71987-5C22-4B9B-8AB4-E934072D75BB.jpeg845F5939-7AA4-4862-99A7-6EDC84A6F241.jpeg7A0D4A70-9D65-4E50-B16D-ABF631A0064B.jpeg06AED7C3-4DC5-4C19-935F-20E6602B7F22.jpeg

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
A bit further with the strip down. Mufflers off, fuel tank out and metal shroud. The fuel hoses were completely fxxcked. I’ve got good access to the rear of the chassis now, some surface rust but nothing too nasty, will get that all cleaned off and repainted. Fuel tank clean, paint and have a new sender unit on order with CK. My build sheet has seen better days πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Good stuff Adam. You’ve got me thinking about doing the same with my fuel tank as I expect my rubber hoses will be in similar condition.
Are you changing the sender unit as a preventative measure or was it kaput already?

Adtheman

CCCUK Member
Good stuff Adam. You’ve got me thinking about doing the same with my fuel tank as I expect my rubber hoses will be in similar condition.
Are you changing the sender unit as a preventative measure or was it kaput already?
The hoses were shocking Andy. I took the the rubber boot off around the fuel filler and the top of the fuel sender was so rusty I decided to change it. It’s also a job I don’t want to do again any time soon. I’m just debating whether or not to put the fuel tank cover back on. It would be a lot easier to refit the tank without it but !!!

Adtheman

CCCUK Member
Nice work and looking very smart. What type of paint have you used?
I used a die grinder with wire brush to clean it up then 3 coats of etch primer and 3 coats of Satin Black. I use U-Pol paint it dries quickly and you get really nice results from a rattle can. Used it on the tank too, wheel silver on that.

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
I use Rustoluem paint for chassis and underside parts. Easy to use and has (supposedly) some built in rust proofer . When I first started renovating bits on my car β€œPOR15β€œ was the fashion. Not so user friendly and then I had a bad experience when I painted my old diff case and the paint didn’t harden. I had to strip it off - not fun and very messy.