C3 Winter Works

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Looking at the pointers

MPH pointer almost looks bent, but not pointing to zero MPH
Too many decades since I owned a C3 but shouldn't the RPM pointer be also at zero ?

pointers.jpg

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
Going back to your fuel tank project, what did you decide about refitting the sheet metal shield / cover part that you weren’t sure about / purpose?

Adtheman

CCCUK Member
Going back to your fuel tank project, what did you decide about refitting the sheet metal shield / cover part that you weren’t sure about / purpose?
i wasn't going to, i fitted the tank, but now there's a larger gap where the filler cap is in relation to the body and where the tank shield fitted originally it took up this space and the rubber stretched neatly over the shield. Scott also agreed it would be better to refit it after seeing it, so out with the tank and refit the shield. its being blasted and painted at the moment, should be back first week in Jan. A small inconvenience but hey there's no rush to be out in it at the moment.

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
...And you were just about to put legs on it and turn it into a barbecue weren't you???? Looks superb now though. Are you going to re attach the build sheet for originality?

Adtheman

CCCUK Member
...And you were just about to put legs on it and turn it into a barbecue weren't you???? Looks superb now though. Are you going to re attach the build sheet for originality?
I was thinking about it Andy. It’s not in good shape though so I had to laminate it I may just keep it in my resto work folder. I did manage to decipher it had a 3.55 diff originally so someone changed it out for the 3.75 I then changed

Adtheman

CCCUK Member
That’s not where I thought that’d go, what’s it’s purpose?
Most say it was extra crash protection. It’s not that heavy and only on 75-77 cars apparently it also holds up the rubber that fits between the filler and the tank without it the rubber flops around so I decided to refit it