CARS America, Hailsham

The Major

Regular user
Phil - I have a mobile number for him. And it seems that he is having a rough time but not dealing with it well. He has our thunderbird too and I was also concerned. I have checked with the local network and the snap-on tools man has told us that he is a good man, but his landlord doubled rent and he had to move and now has our cars scattered around in storage which is costing him a fortune while he tries to find new premises. So it seems genuine, let me know if you want to speak or if you would like his mobile number.
Hi Adam, I too have been trying to track him down as he has disappeared with my 95 Trans Am. I would be very grateful to have his home address or mobile number if only to hand them to the police who are dealing with my case.

Attachments

• 2008 look.jpg
    2008 look.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 4

WillisB

New user
Hi, I am pleased you have your car back, well, parts of it back! I fear that If I do get mine back it will be in the same condition as yours. My email is toni.wb@btinternet.com and I would really appreciate contact details for Simmons or his new business!
Hi Major, Unfortunately I'm in the same boat.. if you could forward me the email that phil sent you with any contact details and information about Simmons to lil_blydie123@hotmail.com it would be extremely helpful!

Paul5967

New user
My personal email is katinka.herbert@icloud.com - happy to camp outside John's door until he decides to let me know where my vehicle is stored! his address and mobile would be hugely appreciated.
Reading this has sadden me, as I have been trying to contact John for a while, hoping my issues could be resolved. Just visited his garage in Hailsham to find it empty , although I only have a Corvette C4 and not of great value .
Has anyone got his latest contact details I would like to get my car back. Also If anyone has seen any of his stored customers car. Was there a red C4 soft top there 1986

The Major

Regular user
Reading this has sadden me, as I have been trying to contact John for a while, hoping my issues could be resolved. Just visited his garage in Hailsham to find it empty , although I only have a Corvette C4 and not of great value .
Has anyone got his latest contact details I would like to get my car back. Also If anyone has seen any of his stored customers car. Was there a red C4 soft top there 1986
I have sent you an email with his contact details and the name/location of the police constable investigating.

phild

CCCUK Member
Hi Phil, glad you have your car back. Unfortunately I'm in the same boat.. if you could send me an email with any contact details and information about Simmons to lil_blydie123@hotmail.com it would be so helpful. Did he just go out of business and relocate the cars or is it something more sinister?

I've e mailed you Simmons address and other personal details.

My experience with the police was non-productive. Despite reporting theft and providing Simmons contact details they did absolutely nothing, apart from providing a crime reference number. I'm told this is typically what to expect these days from our law enforcement agencies.

I hired a private detective agency to get my car back. On inspection there are many missing parts which I paid for and some of the work going back years, and paid for, has not been done. My take on Simmons is that this isn't someone recently having difficulties but someone who was ripping customers off and tried to disappear to avoid the consequences.

Good luck to all his customers, and suppliers, who are missing cars/parts and are owed money. Sadly its not an exclusive club!

Javelin

Regular user
UPDATE - I've recovered my vehicle, many thanks to those who passed on John's address, hugely appreciated.
Realise John should have contacted everyone individually to let them know of the situation with his garage earlier this year, but as far as I know, the vehicles are all safe, and I now have my vehicle back along with most of the spare parts.
If anyone else is still trying to track down their vehicle, I am happy to help.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Damn, looks like a bunch of you got screwed over and the guy getting away with it
Not going to make you happy, but this happened on a big scale here in the USA
A shop in Texas and set himself up as a god to Corvettes on Corvette forums
He talked a lot of BS and people sucked it up and were sending their Corvettes to Texas which round trip shipping
alone is not cheap

One example I know is a teammate of ours, and he lives in Hawaii
so that meant shipping his fairly new C6 via boat
He paid up front $10,000 to shop and was to be done with all the mods within 4 weeks
Well 3 months go by and nothing, C6 owner keeps calling and emailing, and shop owner keeps on lying
and even talks the C6 owner sending him another $5,000 !

4 months, 5 months, the shop knows the guy is not going to fly all the way to the USA so keeps stroking C6 owner
He contacts me and I then contact one of our teammates living local to shop in Texas and told him to
pretend he stopped by to see what the shop does, and he might want the shop to do some mods for his Corvette

We told him exactly what the C6 looked like, color, plates, etc

He looks around and finds this C6 really dirty, hood gone, parts of engine gone, even some of the body panels gone, etc
Seems this shop was stripping the C6 and selling the parts and had not done one mod he was paid to do

C6 owner had to then hire someone, go with the cops and tow the C6 out of the shop :-(

Took C6 owner months to have another shop to buy what was needed to put the car back together and was
cheaper for owner to just find someone in the USA to buy the C6 from him rather the costs of boating back to him
He spent countless on all this, never got the $15K back plus all the lawyers fees for the shop to just go belly up :-(

Stingray

CCCUK Member
Heartbreaking story. Probably goes on all over the world. I can never understand people paying money ā€œup frontā€ for work to be done. Thatā€™s something I have never done and never will.
^^^ This, this and this. I have contractors walk away because I won't pay upfront but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
A friends having his house remodelled in Atlanta GA, the contractors get paid every Friday for the work they done that week. Good arrangement and everyone is happy.

phild

CCCUK Member
Hi all, looks like I'm joining the ever growing list of ripped off customers. I've got a 2003 F150 Harley Davidson that John had for about 6 months. I by chance went to the Hailaham garage on the day he was locked out of the unit to check on my trucks progress. John asked me to arranged a lowloader to collect the truck the following day which I did . Looking back on this I was lucky to get my truck back and just a fluke that i was passing Hailaham that day and decided to pop in. Unfortunately the Ā£3000 that I'd paid for a reconditioned ECM and parts that were supposed to have been fitted to the truck I've just been told by Pilgrims Motorsports today are not there, just a gap! Please can someone forward me his current details as I'll need to contact the police and insurance company tomorrow. Many thanks for any assistance you can give.
Sorry to hear another victim's story. If you PM me your e mail address then I'll send you all his personal details, address & phone number.

Good luck with the police, i reported the theft of mine and, apart from giving me a crime reference, they did nothing even though i gave them his contact details. In the end I had to do it privately via a detective agency who were, ironically, ex-police officers.

Roscobbc

The depth of this mans 'trickery' is astounding.........every vehicle seemingly is plundered for parts etc. How can this kind of thing carry on. The police need to be 'embarrassed' by a sympathetic MP or an exposure by the media.