Fri 30 Jul 2021 - 09:00
Until: Sun 1 Aug 2021 - 18:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Here's a question I hope somebody can answer.

I should be at the Classic all three days but it will be courtesy of my brother & his sports car club.

On one day though, I hope to take my Corvette instead of his car.

Given the CCCUK location I can see I access it with his pass as he will be with me.

My question is, are the club happy for me to park my Corvette there on the club stand area or will there not be space?

Thanks in advance.
Display passes are issued for each specific vehicle with its registration number . The marshals will not allow you to park up in an area not designated on the car club pass . Also as Rich has stated in his response , spaces for each club is carefully planned to optimise the event layout .

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Got mine too and will be picking up the the club gazebo and banners tomorrow ready for set up day next Thursday . All we want now is fine weather , but not as hot as at the Nationals please !!

Sarah J K

CCCUK Member
BTW the organisers did confirm that Google was right and we are on grass, although the ground may be as hard as concrete . Fingers crossed weather is good...not too good as its not easy to escape it at Silverstone.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I will have a large mallet to knock the pegs in the concrete hard ground , and plenty of spare pegs to replace all the bent ones . :LOL:

Corkvette

CCCUK Member
Well the tickets are here and the ferry is booked Iā€™m looking forward to the first proper trip in 2 years.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Well the tickets are here and the ferry is booked Iā€™m looking forward to the first proper trip in 2 years.
Which ferry ? Is Silverstone on an island ? Do I need to book a ferry too ? :ROFLMAO: Look forward meeting club members again . (y)

Corkvette

CCCUK Member
Dublin-Holyhead. I hope not. You will need to be ferried from our infield parking to the actual infieldšŸ˜‚. Me toošŸ‘

Rich

Administrator
Got mine too and will be picking up the the club gazebo and banners tomorrow ready for set up day next Thursday . All we want now is fine weather , but not as hot as at the Nationals please !!
On behalf of the Club and particularly those going to Silverstone, thank you Mike for setting up the CCCUK area. Hope everyone has a great weekend. I will be there doing Dream Rides with the Sporting Bears so please try to come over and say "hi".

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Dublin-Holyhead. I hope not. You will need to be ferried from our infield parking to the actual infieldšŸ˜‚. Me toošŸ‘
No rain forecast for the weekend if you can believe that , so hopefully won`t need a boat to get to the infield .šŸš£ā€ā™‚ļø :LOL:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
On behalf of the Club and particularly those going to Silverstone, thank you Mike for setting up the CCCUK area. Hope everyone has a great weekend. I will be there doing Dream Rides with the Sporting Bears so please try to come over and say "hi".
Thanks for the thanks Rich . Happy to be of use for the benefit of the club . Likewise if the Dream Rides are quiet come over to area 14 and say hi to us all . I guess the Bears area will not be far away .

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
We have 18 cars booked in for Silverstone Classic , although not all of them on all three days . Based on the replies I have had so far from members attending we have C2`s through to C6`s inclusive , so a fair representation of our beloved marque . My ever reliable piece of seaweed forecasts light rain showers for Friday and fine weather with light breeze for Saturday and Sunday and a comfortable 20 deg C . Thursday is looking good good too so will hopefully get our display area set up in the dry too . šŸ¤ž
Looking forward to it after an enforced year off . :)

Carlie@A-Plan

Supporting vendor
Fingers crossed for the weather! Hope you all enjoy it and I'll see you there :love:
Do you know whereabouts your stand will be yet? I'll pop by to say hello... and if you're looking for me in the evening... I'll be having a boogie to the music :ROFLMAO:

Rich

Administrator
Fingers crossed for the weather! Hope you all enjoy it and I'll see you there :love:
Do you know whereabouts your stand will be yet? I'll pop by to say hello... and if you're looking for me in the evening... I'll be having a boogie to the music :ROFLMAO:
Thanks, Carlie. Hope to see you there. You won't be surprised to know that I am with the Sporting Bears this year, so will be nipping between them and the CCCUK area.

UKBeancounter

Committee Member
We have 18 cars booked in for Silverstone Classic , although not all of them on all three days . Based on the replies I have had so far from members attending we have C2`s through to C6`s inclusive , so a fair representation of our beloved marque . My ever reliable piece of seaweed forecasts light rain showers for Friday and fine weather with light breeze for Saturday and Sunday and a comfortable 20 deg C . Thursday is looking good good too so will hopefully get our display area set up in the dry too . šŸ¤ž
Looking forward to it after an enforced year off . :)
I was hoping to be there Saturday and Sunday, but now have to work Saturday. We will be there Sunday with a C7. Unless of course it p!ss*s it down, the Cup 2 tires don't seem to work in the rain.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Well , the new club gazebo is up after wrestling with the usual wind that seems to blow perpetually across Silverstone , and the bunting is merrily flapping and the flags flying!
Just hope it is all still standing in the morning ! šŸ¤ž It`s a pity that the Drag cars are not there demoing on the old circuit strip right next to us this year . It is the drift car boys this time but will surely attract the punters into our area . We also have a bar with outside seating area right next to us . ( you can thank me later :LOL: ) (y) Another plus is that for the first time they have actually opened up access from Zone 14 to the stand on the outside of Abbey Curve right opposite the International Pits and Start / Finish line so it gives a great vantage point without trecking miles and catching a bus ! All we need now is tomorrows rain to blow away PDQ !