Corvette Generations ranked by looks

James Vette

CCCUK Member
I'm unsure of where to place the other generations but here are my top 4 in order:
1. C3
2. C1
3. C2
4. C4

Last edited:

kentvette

CCCUK Member
OK, interesting. Here's mine (I think!)
1. C6
2. C3. And yes, a soft bumper car - the way the "Shark" was always intended!
3. C7, particularly wide body convertible
4. C2
5. C4 (Post 91 ideally, ZR1 preferably)5. C24.
6. C1
7. C5
8. C8

But, Number 4 and 5 could swap places, depending on the C4 in question! . Tricky! Sorry, C5 and 8 still low on my list.

James Vette

CCCUK Member
OK, interesting. Here's mine (I think!)
1. C6
2. C3. And yes, a soft bumper car - the way the "Shark" was always intended!
3. C7, particularly wide body convertible
4. C2
5. C4 (Post 91 ideally, ZR1 preferably)5. C24.
6. C1
7. C5
8. C8

But, Number 4 and 5 could swap places, depending on the C4 in question! . Tricky! Sorry, C5 and 8 still low on my list.
Yeah the C8 doesn't do it for me either.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
My list:
1) C3 chrome bumper models
2) C2
3) C1
4) all the rest as I must confess I've not looked at them much in detail to form an opinion.

FIVE RED

CCCUK Member
If you only own one Corvette you'd probably say that your model is the best looking. Even though I owned a C3 for almost five years I liked it for it's iconic Corvette look, however I never thought it was the best looking model. When the C5 came out I couldn't believe how good it looked.
I can't exactly rate 1st, 2nd etc, but I like the looks of the twin headlamp C1, the C2, C5 (obviously), and I've grown to like the C7.
That said all Corvettes have a certain 'great' look, which must've been the envy of many other sports car manufacturers.

Paul Newman

CCCUK regional rep
I'm late to this thread folks, but here goes:
C6 (coupe - wide bodied versions))
C2 (coupe - '63 split window and/or the rare Grand Sport racers)
C3 (any type - but prefer the earlier versions really)
C5 (coupe - without the protective body side moulding strip, ZO6 fixed roof seems ugly to me?)
C1 (dual headlamps version only)
C7 (low placing due to too many awkward lines and scoops? The ZR-1 to me is monstrous - yuk!)
C4 (personal choice but not really a fan of this generation, never have been?)
C8 (attractive but not really a Corvette in my eyes and appears to have fat backside)

In summary, all Corvettes are good looking cars, they've never really designed an ugly one - it comes down to personal choice and we love'em all :D(y) πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

James Vette

CCCUK Member
I agree with all of your descriptions.
I'm late to this thread folks, but here goes:
C6 (coupe - wide bodied versions))
C2 (coupe - '63 split window and/or the rare Grand Sport racers)
C3 (any type - but prefer the earlier versions really)
C5 (coupe - without the protective body side moulding strip, ZO6 fixed roof seems ugly to me?)
C1 (dual headlamps version only)
C7 (low placing due to too many awkward lines and scoops? The ZR-1 to me is monstrous - yuk!)
C4 (personal choice but not really a fan of this generation, never have been?)
C8 (attractive but not really a Corvette in my eyes and appears to have fat backside)

In summary, all Corvettes are good looking cars, they've never really designed an ugly one - it comes down to personal choice and we love'em all :D(y) πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
I agree with your descriptions of the C3's and C8's.

JonnyC4

CCCUK Member
So much hate for the C4.. 😐

Us C4 fans are so grateful to be allowed to be members on here! πŸ™„

The C4 is the most underrated generations of all the Corvette generations, as it always has been a love-hate thing.

I don't mind, I love my 35th anniversary and it's a true drivers car.

Redlevel

Well-known user
I will readily admit that the C4 is a much better drivers car than the C3 - but it doesn't have the looks....:devilish:
The chrome bumper ones are pretty, much less so are the later ones with tail and nosecones. They always look saggy side on.
The C4 just needs fatter rear tyres to give it a great stance. 20191122_190845.jpg
20191122_191122.jpg

antijam

CCCUK Member
I bought a C4 as I wanted an all year round driver/commuter/holiday Corvette, not a garage queen.
I prefer to drive around, not stand around... 😎

Absolutely - horses for courses. I've other cars as daily drivers, and they're much more civilised than the C3 - it comes out when I'm looking for a dose of fun. :)

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Likewise for me - the C3 comes out ( Covid restrictions / ice / snow not withstanding ) just for the hell of it when I want a full on driving experience and not just to events . Plus I have never bought a daily driver that didn`t float my boat and give a feel good drive ever since I could afford not to buy only the cheapest car my limited income would run to in my yoof .

Dazaa

Well-known user
I wonder if age has anything to do with opinions on the different style vettes? For me the only cars worth looking at are c2's, chrome bumper c3's and c7's + 8's. Coupes only, convertibles look disproportioned and the stock rally wheels are ugly on any c3. I'm 25 and everyone i've asked around my age group agrees with me.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I wonder if age has anything to do with opinions on the different style vettes? For me the only cars worth looking at are c2's, chrome bumper c3's and c7's + 8's. Coupes only, convertibles look disproportioned and the stock rally wheels are ugly on any c3. I'm 25 and everyone i've asked around my age group agrees with me.
Like Stilton cheese , good red wine and single malt whisky , things improve with age trust me - I know . I am border line perfect now ! :LOL: :D

antijam

CCCUK Member
Like Stilton cheese , good red wine and single malt whisky , things improve with age trust me - I know . I am border line perfect now ! :LOL: :D

Congratulations - I wish I shared your experience! I hit three score years and twenty next year and believe me getting old is not for the faint hearted. After the surprise of waking up in the morning yet again the first job is to go through a checklist to see what's still working - and the list is getting shorter!
For most of my generation car design peaked around the sixties. The E -Type came out in '59 and set the gold standard and for me the early C3 was the american equivalent. It lacks the purity of line of the Jag but the visual statement it makes is undeniable. Technical innovation since then has been huge - as a driving machine modern cars have improved immensely - but automotive form has become increasingly constrained by economics and safety legislation. If I'm here to see it I hope the 'electric generation' takes us down a more aesthetically innovative path.