Corvette Generations ranked by looks

James Vette

CCCUK Member
I wonder if age has anything to do with opinions on the different style vettes? For me the only cars worth looking at are c2's, chrome bumper c3's and c7's + 8's. Coupes only, convertibles look disproportioned and the stock rally wheels are ugly on any c3. I'm 25 and everyone i've asked around my age group agrees with me.
And 74-77 80-82 C3's.

BobbyV8

CCCUK Member
I own a C5 but I'll keep that quiet 😂. Back in the 90's I did own a 76 C3 which I must admit was a good looking car. When I was looking for it it just had to be red and to my surprise found it just a few miles from me. It had just had a body off respray but some parts were not good and there was already a cracked front panel on it. Got a new one from CK and it fitted good. Had chrome T tops and chrome luggage rack. It was also quite loud with straight through pipes with only a cherry bomb at the end.
00000IMG_00000_BURST20191115110720126_COVER.jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20191115104402907.jpg
corvette.jpg

Last edited:

Dazaa

Well-known user
Each to their own dear boy , but yours looks half way through serious body mods from standard anyway ! Should look the biz when finished though (y)

Pretty tame by the US custom standards, just L88 flares. EFI, Dakota Digital HDX gauges, Borgeson steering, C5 seats, QA1 coilovers front Bilstein shocks on the back, front and rear sway bars. Hoping to dump the 350 for an LS and 5 speed eventually, was originally a factory 427 with air/PB/PW/PS. Also a luggage rack to really annoy the purists LOL

Attachments

• 8547308C-5CA8-4B02-9CAF-91563AC01441.jpeg
    8547308C-5CA8-4B02-9CAF-91563AC01441.jpeg
    231.4 KB · Views: 23
  • DB9B3032-6DE8-4FD3-9BBA-C04AC54A9B43.jpeg
    DB9B3032-6DE8-4FD3-9BBA-C04AC54A9B43.jpeg
    219.3 KB · Views: 23

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Pretty tame by the US custom standards, just L88 flares. EFI, Dakota Digital HDX gauges, Borgeson steering, C5 seats, QA1 coilovers front Bilstein shocks on the back, front and rear sway bars. Hoping to dump the 350 for an LS and 5 speed eventually, was originally a factory 427 with air/PB/PW/PS. Also a luggage rack to really annoy the purists LOL
Would love to see more photos posted , sounds a great resto mod to me (y) Shame it lost the big block though ! Never mind the purists , do what turns you on . That`s the great thing about Yank tanks , they lend themselves so well to customizing . Most British cars customized look just plain naff in my opinion .

Flairs and chairs , skirts and wing , KYB shoxs , poly bushed and a 1985 305 Camaro IROC - Z motor with 750cfm Holley and Edelbrock Torker 2 manifold .

Attachments

• DSCF9447.JPG
    DSCF9447.JPG
    251.1 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF9440.JPG
    DSCF9440.JPG
    180.4 KB · Views: 11

Dazaa

Well-known user
Daz where did the black paint come from?

Rolled it on myself, 3 coats of high build primer then 5 coats of rustoleum thinned with white spirit and flatted with 1000 grit between coats. Once it's fully cured in a month or so i'll flat the whole thing down and machine polish. Presentable 5 footer as it is.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Rolled it on myself, 3 coats of high build primer then 5 coats of rustoleum thinned with white spirit and flatted with 1000 grit between coats. Once it's fully cured in a month or so i'll flat the whole thing down and machine polish. Presentable 5 footer as it is.

Sterling effort Daz.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Hoping to dump the 350 for an LS and 5 speed eventually
When you do, you don't fancy doing mine as well? I keep getting tempted by putting a bigger engine in my 327.... then reality hits and I wonder why as I only pootle around in my C3 anyway :ROFLMAO:

Redlevel

Well-known user
Some of the best paint finishes Ive seen were rollered and brushed enamel from Craftmaster Paints.
Takes a while to cure but the end result is stunning.. 😎

antijam

CCCUK Member
Some of the best paint finishes Ive seen were rollered and brushed enamel .......

Yes indeed. I rollered my cast iron '60's Pampas bath tub to turn it a more timeless white. ( I was never going to be able to get it out of the bathroom! ) Came up a treat after flatting and buffing.

Redlevel

Well-known user
Found these images on the oldclassic car forum.. Primed, undercoated and topcoated with rollers and brush.. Lots of prep though, probably more than a spray job and extended drying time. About £300 all in.
R0011693.jpgSDC11006.jpg

Dazaa

Well-known user
When you do, you don't fancy doing mine as well? I keep getting tempted by putting a bigger engine in my 327.... then reality hits and I wonder why as I only pootle around in my C3 anyway :ROFLMAO:

If it means I can work in a garage rather than a cold car park i'm in!