Sat 15 Jul 2023 - 08:00
Until: Sun 16 Jul 2023 - 17:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
A bit of a rip off charging for a starter weather you have one or not . Not an issue for me as I always have a starter when dining out . It might be a bit off putting for others though . There is no additional work involved for their " staff shortages " by not preparring and serving starters . They have created a win win situation by charging for something you are not getting . Fraudulent practice springs to mind !

*sigh* I did try Chuffers but it's their policy and prerogative I guess.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
*sigh* I did try Chuffers but it's their policy and prerogative I guess.
I am sure you tried to drive the best deal but it`s still a bit of a cheek . If they stick to that policy in general they will soon be short of customers .

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Bookings are relentless. Most common mistake is not choosing a particular soup from the seven listed.

I'll be in an asylum rocking back & forth while y'all enjoying yourself at Sywell

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
7 soups and only two mains plus a veggie burger , the mind boggles !!! Are they running a soup Kiychen ? 🤣

To be fair their kiychen [sic] and menu is very good but we had to pair it down to a manageable selection. I'd post it but I'd probably get pilloried on my choices

Easy on the Moonshine Chuffers

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
To be fair their kiychen [sic] and menu is very good but we had to pair it down to a manageable selection. I'd post it but I'd probably get pilloried on my choices

Easy on the Moonshine Chuffers
Never mind the Moonshine , I am on the industrial meths now . hic ! 🥴

Roscobbc

All that time spent with you on committee meetings Bill and I never realised you were 'superhuman'........most people are satisfied with one set of entrails and bowels.......why would you need multiple sets?
curious bystander said:
"I assumed that if you chose soup you get a bit of each in one bowel - no?!

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
All that time spent with you on committee meetings Bill and I never realised you were 'superhuman'........most people are satisfied with one set of entrails and bowels.......why would you need multiple sets?
curious bystander said:
"I assumed that if you chose soup you get a bit of each in one bowel - no?!
Well spotted Ross.
Bill's done a ninja edit but it's still there Bill.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I've just dived deep into a bottle of Rioja which is sorely needed after today. Bottoms up Chuffers
Crack open another bottle , i think you have earned it . I am currently looking at the world through the bottom of a glass of Merlot . Not sure if the world has turned red or just my eyeballs . 🤣
PS . I have emailed our menu choices and not a soup to be found anywhere !!

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Update: the original 80 seats are fully booked and we have secured a further 10 and these are all available at present

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Righto. Everyone that booked a gala dinner should have received an email today including food selection conformation & payment details. If I missed anyone, shout up please?

84 booked so 6 places left for any latecomers.

Edit: all places now taken and a reserve list in play

Last edited: