Sat 15 Jul 2023 - 08:00
Until: Sun 16 Jul 2023 - 17:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ads78

CCCUK Member
Are there any meeting places for a convoy in? I'm hoping to head up from Kent on Sunday morning.

Backseatdriver

CCCUK Member
We’ve been stalled by storms!
I don’t think we’ll arrive in time for the AGM. Can I give apologies for Graham Pillon please? We hope the current committee will all stay in place. They are such a good team.

Hopefully we’ll be in time for the pre-dinner drinks….
See you asap!

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
Are there any meeting places for a convoy in? I'm hoping to head up from Kent on Sunday morning.

You are very welcome to join the Essex cruise to the Nationals tomorrow.
There's usually a contingent from Kent who meet up with us (Alex M and co.)

.........We will be having an Essex cruise up to the event on Sunday 16th July (main show day). Members from other regions are welcome to join us.

Meeting point: Birchanger Green Services Junction 8 on the M11 (M11 / A120) Postcode CM23 5QZ

Time: 8-00am for 8-15am departure

The route will take us north on the M11 then west on the A14 to junction 8, and a final leg on the A43. We should arrive at the event around 9-30am.
Distance from the Birchanger meet point to Sywell is 75 miles.

Ads78

CCCUK Member
You are very welcome to join the Essex cruise to the Nationals tomorrow.
There's usually a contingent from Kent who meet up with us (Alex M and co.)

.........We will be having an Essex cruise up to the event on Sunday 16th July (main show day). Members from other regions are welcome to join us.

Meeting point: Birchanger Green Services Junction 8 on the M11 (M11 / A120) Postcode CM23 5QZ

Time: 8-00am for 8-15am departure

The route will take us north on the M11 then west on the A14 to junction 8, and a final leg on the A43. We should arrive at the event around 9-30am.
Distance from the Birchanger meet point to Sywell is 75 miles.
I'll try and see you there.

Pitre

Chairman, CCCUK.
On behalf of the committee, huge thanks to everyone who made the effort to get to Sywell this weekend and particular thanks to those who attended the AGM on Saturday. Yes, the weather all weekend wasn't great but everyone made the best of it! Congratulations to all the trophy winners and a big pat on the back for everyone who contributed to making the CCCUK Nationals 2023 a successful event, you know who you are! We look forward to seeing you all again next time.

We hope you all have a safe journey home and we can all look forward to seeing the photos and reports from the weekend in the next Vette News.

Peter Sansbury, Chairman CCCUK

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Thanks to Nigel for compiling the total of Corvettes & others that attended the Nationals. Given the weather outlook was so bad I'm delighted to see an increase on last year.

Here’s the breakdown for the attendees over the weekend and compared to 2022

C1 5 (4 on Sunday and 1 on Saturday only) +1

C2 9 -5

C3 29 (28 on Sunday and 1 on Saturday only) -1

C4 13 (12 on Sunday and 1 on Saturday only) +1

C5 30 (29 on Sunday and 1 on Saturday only) +4

C6 24 +5

C7 20 (29 on Sunday and 1 on Saturday only) +2

C8 10 +6

Corvettes Total = 140 up 13 on 2022 - a 10% increase!

11 Other Americans -10

Plus Brett & Kerensa’s Aston Martin 1

152 Total up 4 on last year

This is based on me taking photos of the cars on Sunday, on Saturday I didn’t take pictures of every car - bit busy with photoshoot - so there may have been more that only turned up on Saturday only.

I know John Benson C1, Rob Green C4, Paul Watkins C5 (photoshoot cars) were definitely there on Saturday and not Sunday. I also spotted Mike Lacey on Saturday in his C7 B14 USA and a metallic blue C3 JAJ 114V.

Nigel

Letank

CCCUK Member
C5's outnumbered every other generation! Must be a first 😁💛
(Common as muck 🤣)
I thought it was pretty noticeable that the modern stuff outnumbered the classic stuff, which tbh I don’t remember thinking in past nationals I’ve been to.

Perhaps the weather played a part in the decision for owners of older generation vehicles to attend? Or is it that more and more of the newer members have later generation vehicles?

Either way it was great event and credit goes to all involved in the organisation. Thank you 👏🏻

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
I've always said the C5 (I had two) is the best value-for-money Corvette ever made. Supercar performance for circa £15k 🥳 Steve, I agree that some classic Corvette owners were put off by the rain and rightly so. My 4 hour drive in the C3 on Friday was a white knuckle ride from start to end in biblical rain the entire trip. Didn't help that my wipers stayed in bed 🙈

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I've always said the C5 (I had two) is the best value-for-money Corvette ever made. Supercar performance for circa £15k 🥳 Steve, I agree that some classic Corvette owners were put off by the rain and rightly so. My 4 hour drive in the C3 on Friday was a white knuckle ride from start to end in biblical rain the entire trip. Didn't help that my wipers stayed in bed 🙈
It ain`t fun is it with no wipers ? I had that happen to me pouring rain all the way up to NEC a few years back to do Dream Rides in the C3 . I was totally frazzled by the time I got there and headed straight off to the trade stands to by some Rainex . The drive home on a dark November night was no joy ride either . :eek:
I think all you guys that made long distrance drives to the Nats on Friday deserve a medal , or lots of valium . :LOL:

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Good news is its not the wiper motor as they work when you manually open the wiper door which I did then watched it slowly close.. I think she's having a strop having not been out much 🙄

Letank

CCCUK Member
As beautiful as it is, it’s easy to see why they got rid of that wiper set up in 73 isn’t it!

On a particularly rainy outing last summer my wiper door mechanism disconnected itself from the vacuum actuator causing the entire system to lock up and jam the wiper door into an open position. At least it allowed the wipers to keep working though! 😂

Took me a couple of months to fix it as one problem led to another, but at least it gave me the opportunity to tidy up and paint everything under there. I expect it’s an area that often gets overlooked in most restorations because it isn’t visible.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
As beautiful as it is, it’s easy to see why they got rid of that wiper set up in 73 isn’t it!

On a particularly rainy outing last summer my wiper door mechanism disconnected itself from the vacuum actuator causing the entire system to lock up and jam the wiper door into an open position. At least it allowed the wipers to keep working though! 😂

Took me a couple of months to fix it as one problem led to another, but at least it gave me the opportunity to tidy up and paint everything under there. I expect it’s an area that often gets overlooked in most restorations because it isn’t visible.
I did that too as it does get messy under the cover. All went really well until it came to refit the wiper door then all shades of hell broke loose and the dogs learned how to swear in 5 languages 🤬

Letank

CCCUK Member
I did that too as it does get messy under the cover. All went really well until it came to refit the wiper door then all shades of hell broke loose and the dogs learned how to swear in 5 languages 🤬
I didn’t even get to that stage. I snapped a tiny bolt that secures the mechanism to a little bracket that goes onto the bulkhead.
Had to remove the entire mechanism again, drill out the bolt and tap a new hole. Would it drill out though?! I ended up having to buy a pillar drill and went through about 10 drill bits 😂