Corvettes at the British Motor Museum – Gaydon Warwickshire CV35 0BJ on Sunday 22nd August 2021

Corvettes at the British Motor Museum – Gaydon Warwickshire CV35 0BJ on Sunday 22nd August 2021
Posted by Daytona Vette
Sun 22 Aug 2021 - 08:00
Until: Sun 22 Aug 2021 - 17:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Huge Thank You Dave for sorting me out with a pair of your finest stockings and the required equipment and assistance to put them on...
oh.. and for the hosepipe.. hope your wife didnt mind.. they got me home without further incident (y) and Great to meet you.
Thank You also to Barry for organising a great day.
View attachment 13154
Ideally 100 denier but you cant always afford to be choosy, you have to make do with whats on offer.
You very lucky to get away with overheating issue on the M40 caused by the water pump / fan / alternator drive belt snapping and getting chewed up in the innerds ! Does your battery charge warning light not work to signify a problem of no charge from the alternator ? Hope the overheating hasn`t caused problems elsewhere in the block or cooling stystem .

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
You very lucky to get away with overheating issue on the M40 caused by the water pump / fan / alternator drive belt snapping and getting chewed up in the innerds ! Does your battery charge warning light not work to signify a problem of no charge from the alternator ? Hope the overheating hasn`t caused problems elsewhere in the block or cooling stystem .

Good point.. i didnt notice a light.. just been out to check.. no, i dont have a working ignition light/ battery charge warning light and the voltmeter doesnt read correctly.
Had to pull onto the hard shoulder four or five times to let it cool down, once on a long downhill so switched engine off & dropped it into neutral and let it roll.
Its running fine, no problems. Gave it a good testing nearing home and its not suffered any performance drop.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Good point.. i didnt notice a light.. just been out to check.. no, i dont have a working ignition light/ battery charge warning light and the voltmeter doesnt read correctly.
Had to pull onto the hard shoulder four or five times to let it cool down, once on a long downhill so switched engine off & dropped it into neutral and let it roll.
Its running fine, no problems. Gave it a good testing nearing home and its not suffered any performance drop.
You need to get those warning light issues sorted PDQ and learn a bit more about your otherwise you will never know whats going wrong until it`s too late . Is your car a manual or auto ? Coasting on a motoway is a bit dodgy in my opinion . Was the engine still running ? As you had no fan belt left intact you wouldn`t get the cooling effect from the fan anyway .

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Im in the habit of frequently scanning the Oil Temp, Oil pressure, Water temp & my dodgy slightly low reading volts meters which is why i spotted it was getting hot straight away.
I was coasting on the hard shoulder with engine off in neutral.. yes im aware you lose power assistance on the brakes & steering.
The 1981 has two cooling fans as standard... one electric and one engine driven.
As the 'ignition light query' thread shows, earlier C3's didnt even have a charge warning light so its no big deal that mines not working.

Last edited:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Im in the habit of frequently scanning the Oil Temp, Oil pressure, Water temp & my dodgy slightly low reading volts meters which is why i spotted it was getting hot straight away.
I was coasting on the hard shoulder with engine off in neutral.. yes im aware you lose power assistance on the brakes & steering.
The 1981 has two cooling fans as standard... one electric and one engine driven.
As the 'ignition light query' thread shows, earlier C3's didnt even have a charge warning light so its no big deal that mines not working.
Clearly Chevrolet thought it was worth while fitting charge lights to later C3`s . It would tell you your alternator was not charging due to your drive belt having snapped . That seems a pretty big deal to me ! With your battery firing 8 cylinders and powering your electric fan which was the only cooling you had , I am amazed you got off the motorway and made it to Gaydon .

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Hi Folks I would just like to convey my thanks to all of you that made Sunday the day that it was - Thank you to the British Motor Museum for allowing us to host the Event and raising the Stars and Stripes for us Vette Heads on the round about at the entrance
Thank you to Mike for transporting and raising the Club Flags to finish off our setting
Thank you to all of you that failed to remind me that whilst I parked all the Vettes and the ZL1, I had forgotten to leave a space for my own Vette in the line up
Thank you to the Regions Central North, BBN&C and Western for taking part in the get together, 29 for Breakfast, 14 Vettes and the ZL1 Camaro for the Cruise (Dave and Debs not in the Vette) now the numbers got a little hazy, we should have had 11 Vettes that drove direct to the Museum, but I think we ended up with 9 Vettes going direct to the Museum
What about our Members Jamie and Paula in the C7- their first ever Corvette Event
We had Members from as far away as Crewe, Nottingham, Cardiff and Port Talbot
Thank you all for your Support and of course thank you to the invited Members from Central South
Well done to everyone!
Last but far from least is the thank you to Chris Duckhouse, whom if he had not given me a nudge, Corvettes at the British Museum would not have happened this year or may be never - Thank you Chris!

Last edited:

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Does anyone know why a MOV video file would constantly keep stopping and starting making it jerky?.. new camera, first time ive used video. It does say recorded at 30 frames per second so it shouldnt be all Laurel and Hardy. 🤷‍♂️
Seems to be my laptop is causing the problem, downloaded to my old PC and problem solved...