Electric cars will be the Savior of classic V8's

Roscobbc

One thing i read very recently which set alarm bells ringing in my head.
'They' (you know, 'them') reckon the Gulf Stream is weakening.
IF thats true (IF) then we have a problem in the UK.
Notice that BBC weather forecasts positively mention and plot the Jet Stream........up and to just recently it was though it never existed - no reference was made to it and its effect on world weather. Its almost like 'we' (the general population) are being softened-up for something......

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Notice that BBC weather forecasts positively mention and plot the Jet Stream........up and to just recently it was though it never existed - no reference was made to it and its effect on world weather. Its almost like 'we' (the general population) are being softened-up for something......

Cant they just tell us which planet we originated from and that our ancestors are displeased with us and are on their way here to pay us a visit. :alien:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
One thing i read very recently which set alarm bells ringing in my head.
'They' (you know, 'them') reckon the Gulf Stream is weakening.
IF thats true (IF) then we have a problem in the UK.
Stop reading all this stuff from `them` , then you can stop worrying about it ! Remember the winter of 1962 / 1963 when temperatures never rose above zero for three months . Rivers , lakes and even the sea froze in some places .. No one screamed " Climate Change" in fits of hysteria then did they ? It was just a very very bad winter . Schools didn`t shut , people still went to work , trains ran and buses still ran . Then there was the long hot summer of 1976 that started in May and went on until August . Rivers dried up , reservoirs dried up , drinking water was rationed from stand pipes and nobody panicked and screamed " Global Warming " . We all just got on with it and had bloody good suntans ! :cool:

Roscobbc

Stop reading all this stuff from `them` , then you can stop worrying about it ! Remember the winter of 1962 / 1963 when temperatures never rose above zero for three months . Rivers , lakes and even the sea froze in some places .. No one screamed " Climate Change" in fits of hysteria then did they ? It was just a very very bad winter . Schools didn`t shut , people still went to work , trains ran and buses still ran . Then there was the long hot summer of 1976 that started in May and went on until August . Rivers dried up , reservoirs dried up , drinking water was rationed from stand pipes and nobody panicked and screamed " Global Warming " . We all just got on with it and had bloody good suntans ! :cool:
Fantastic when one thinks back on it - as Chuffer says, the Schools didn't close, the solid fuel boilers still kept heating the big old cast iron radiators, buses and trains still operated, car still got through the snow on their skinny, inferior grip cross ply tyres (better then than now it seems) - and yes in '76 it was certainly hot, very hot, and we would sweat a lot, my car then was a fern green Hillman Avenger with white vinyl interior........we didn't sleep at nights, the local Wansted Flats green space had scrub fires on a daily basis but we dealt with it all in a non-snowflake way.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Cant they just tell us which planet we originated from and that our ancestors are displeased with us and are on their way here to pay us a visit. :alien:
According to your Viking forefathers , it the coming of Ragnarok , the impending day of doom . But after the great floods the earth will be reborn new and fertile again .

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I walked the 2 mile round trip to school every day in the winter of 62/63 . The snow drifts were shoulder high to a 12 year old and I never missed so much as an hours schooling . We have become a world of namby pamby scaremongering whingers . No Bull Dog spirit anymore . just Poodle Permed ponces !

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Let us also not forget the winter of 1955/56 . Blackpool had 5 feet of snow fall !!! Still the country carried on stoically . Google `Snow Drift at Bleath Gill ` , it`s an old British Transport Commission short film on how the railways were kept open by hard manual labour ! . All this back in the days when the UK had massive industrial outputs , coal fired homes by the million , steam trains , coal fired power stations and thick pea soup smogs . Climate change ? What climate change ? :unsure:

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
So, we should ignore a (potentially) weakening Gulf Stream based on two cold winters and a hot summer when you were younger... ok, that makes sense. o_O

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
As the population of London grew the Thames became a giant open sewer . As the freezing point of urine is lower than the the freezing point of water , not to mention all the other rotting unmentionables going in the river . Maybe that`s why it stopped freezing over !
Trust me, just trust me, when the Thames froze over it was that Cold that the local Zoo would bring the Polar Bears indoors

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
I walked the 2 mile round trip to school every day in the winter of 62/63 . The snow drifts were shoulder high to a 12 year old and I never missed so much as an hours schooling . We have become a world of namby pamby scaremongering whingers . No Bull Dog spirit anymore . just Poodle Permed ponces !
Battery Sergeant Major Williams.jpg
Dci Gene Hunt.jpg
DCI Grim.jpg

:ROFLMAO:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
So, we should ignore a (potentially) weakening Gulf Stream based on two cold winters and a hot summer when you were younger... ok, that makes sense. o_O
The key word you keep quoting is " potentially" . Your Corvette could potentially go up in a fireball with you in it next time you drive it , but do you fret about that every day ?
No thought not ! The point I have been trying to make is , there have been extremes of weather in my life time never mind for thousands and millions of years . It`s called nature doing its thing !

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
I am in good company then aren`t I ? 👆
Gene Hunt: “I think you’ve forgotten who you’re talking to.”
Sam Tyler: “An overweight, over-the-hill, nicotine-stained, borderline-alcoholic homophobe with a superiority complex and an unhealthy obsession with male bonding?”
Gene Hunt: “You make that sound like a bad thing.”
:LOL:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Gene Hunt: “I think you’ve forgotten who you’re talking to.”
Sam Tyler: “An overweight, over-the-hill, nicotine-stained, borderline-alcoholic homophobe with a superiority complex and an unhealthy obsession with male bonding?”
Gene Hunt: “You make that sound like a bad thing.”
:LOL:
How do you manage to remember all the dialogue from TV series as well as all the crap being fed us about Global Warming by politicians and media types ? :rolleyes: