Floor Mats - C3

kentvette

CCCUK Member
After it's trip through the Alps we are thinking that the old '78 deserves a new set of floor mats!

There are a few options are available, not a huge selection though and some are difficult to visualise. So, I'm looking for photos of anyones mats in situ, and perhaps where they were purchased?

Lets see what you have? :)

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
After it's trip through the Alps we are thinking that the old '78 deserves a new set of floor mats!

There are a few options are available, not a huge selection though and some are difficult to visualise. So, I'm looking for photos of anyones mats in situ, and perhaps where they were purchased?

I bought a set from scott at Ck. i didnt want them too blingy with big coloured “corvette” script on them. He sent me a nice pair of black ones with small black corvette logo. Perfect, only thing is they were so nice that I covered them up with another set of random mats so as not to wear them out , much ribbing from wife and daughter about Mats on mats on mats !😬😂👍 anyone else have similar 😁

kentvette

CCCUK Member
I've seen all the photos from suppliers of mats "out of context". What I wanted was photos of mats in the car, to get an idea of how the logos, lettering etc looked.

Roscobbc

Flat, thin rubber that came with the car. Much better than the carpet one's and will clean up no problem

View attachment 13678
Thats exactly what I have in mine. OK so they are not exactly a precision 'fit' but they help minimise wear and tear on carpet underneath and trap grit etc........but here lies a problem......leave them in place and the area underneath will look all pristine (being hidden from the effects of sun/daylight) and you'll end-up having a 'two tone' carpet with the upper exposed carpet surfaces turning brown as the sun's rays take hold.......

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Thats exactly what I have in mine. OK so they are not exactly a precision 'fit' but they help minimise wear and tear on carpet underneath and trap grit etc........but here lies a problem......leave them in place and the area underneath will look all pristine (being hidden from the effects of sun/daylight) and you'll end-up having a 'two tone' carpet with the upper exposed carpet surfaces turning brown as the sun's rays take hold.......

We don't (some would believe) suffer from 'sun rays' in Manchester :D

kentvette

CCCUK Member
Ecklers. Wouldn't recommend though as they scrunch up under foot

View attachment 13677
I looked at those, but the Ecklers delivery charge now is a farce, so they are out. The Lloyd mats come with a fixing system, but not sure I'd want to use it on my carpets.

I also looked at the CarMatWorld site as recommended by Derek Nicol. Alas, usual post-brexit stuff, they won't deliver abroad!

I've seen some nice looking items on CorvetteStore OnLine which I may pursue. The interior is Oyster, and I want the same slight contrast that my current mats give (slate grey with a light grey heel pad). Anyone who knows our car will know that the mats do NOT get dirty! 😊

kentvette

CCCUK Member
How do mats NOT get dirty? Are they not used?
We're just careful - its a classic car. If I'm able I put a small towel down, but otherwise, just make sure we don't step in any crud etc before we get in.

And before any one asks, our car has seen more "weather" than most C3's put together - see my Alps trip pcs!

That's why I want nice looking mats, they've got to look good.

Adtheman

CCCUK Member
Why not just send Kentvette a picture of yours if you want his business ? :unsure:
Getting a bit tired of this mans gripes now agains another vendor. There’s always someone who can do it cheaper I wouldn’t buy anything from someone who runs down another vendor continuously or operates in this way. Shame on you Gavin.

Adtheman

CCCUK Member

These are mine I was going to to go for saddle to match the carpet but I liked the black more as a contrast. Excellent quality GM endorsed mats from CK. E6130E77-BADC-409A-A73C-A35202E3DA76.jpegE6130E77-BADC-409A-A73C-A35202E3DA76.jpegE6130E77-BADC-409A-A73C-A35202E3DA76.jpeg63884E43-583C-493C-8500-4BFD1FEE58B1.jpeg