GCorvette

CCCUK Member
51npIev5uCL._AC_.jpg
Thank you. πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘
Is this what you have as well @Letank and then connected to a switch? πŸ€”

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
So next up as I now have my own C3 to keep safe is:
What Security Do People Have On Their C3?

A simple way is to use a single pole switch
Mounted to lower part of dash so not real easy to see
Take the voltage wire off like the coil or ign switch and put that to one side of switch and then other side of switch back to where you took
the voltage wire off, so now requires the switch turned on to be able to run engine

Sea5

CCCUK regional rep
GCorvette said:
So next up as I now have my own C3 to keep safe is:
What Security Do People Have On Their C3?

I have installed front and rear video cameras after an incident of 'road rage' whilst driving to my West Sussex meeting last summer. The local council painted new signs on a busy local roundabout the previous day. I accidently 'wrong-laned' and 'cut-up' another car exiting the straight-over exit. The driver (then behind me) threw all his toys out of his pram. I was going to stop and find out what the fuss was all about, but my wife (who was with me) suggested otherwise. Probably just as well. The other driver turned off soon after and the incident faded. Should the situation have got out of hand, it was my word against his. The next day I ordered the video capture system for peace of mind. I have hard-wired it in the C5 but also modified the C3 so I can swap it over quickly and use the cigarette lighter socket for power. The camera can also be left on in parking mode when at shows etc. I have experienced a few dodgy actions by other drivers when out in the vette as I'm sure we all have. Luckily, since using the cameras I've not had a problem (yet)!
As a footnote, the council removed the road markings within a few days as there was so much confusion and complaint!

Letank

CCCUK Member
Thank you. πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘
Is this what you have as well @Letank and then connected to a switch? πŸ€”
Yes, but you have to make sure you get the right type for your battery. The one in the pic is for a top terminal battery but I suspect many C3s will have side terminals. There’s no additional switch, you just turn the green knob to separate/close the contacts.

This is what the side terminal ones look like.

89CB2CBB-1C41-44EE-AFDF-BD3B180CFCBA.jpeg

I also have a NOCO Genius battery maintainer accessory harness permanently connected to my terminals so I can quickly plug/unplug the charger in between usage. Otherwise, being 6’4” I find it a bit of a squeeze to get to the battery terminals with the roof up (behind seat and under compartment lid) and get a good connection on the crocodile clamps. The quick connection is possibly one of the best things I’ve bought for the car. I would definitely recommend it if you intend to keep it on charge in the garage πŸ‘πŸ»

E8CFECD0-F792-49CA-A56D-0BD9CF2E9AA5.jpeg

5732B453-86DA-427D-B7E2-233BD2B28ED2.jpeg

Vetman

CCCUK Member
Depleted tool kit (not sure what is left in it), small spanner to disconnect the battery, and currently a long screwdriver to short the starter motor should it play up.

Roscobbc

Not neccessarily for my vehicle though........would like the opportunity (in the event of a failed fan belt) of asking a passing young lady to 'donate' one of her stockings to make a temporary repair.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Not neccessarily for my vehicle though........would like the opportunity (in the event of a failed fan belt) of asking a passing young lady to 'donate' one of her stockings to make a temporary repair.
I seem to remember an advert on the television god knows how long ago probably 35+ years ago where a white XK150 breaks down and a lady removes here stocking to replace the fan belt.

Vetman

CCCUK Member
I seem to remember an advert on the television god knows how long ago probably 35+ years ago where a white XK150 breaks down and a lady removes here stocking to replace the fan belt.
Forget the fan belt, wear stockings for driving, and find an excuse for the suspenders.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I usually carry some extra oil, my spanner set, a screwdriver and a fire extinguisher - but most importantly I carry my AA card and a mobile phone. Sometimes I carry my jump leads too.
That's only if I'm doing longish journey - most of the time I'm only going nearby so its just the AA card and mobile phone.

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
Time for my next one, let's talk tyres:

My newly arrived C3 will need some tyres.
It's wearing BF Goodrich P255/60R15.

Not yet sure how old they are but they have cracking in-between the barely used tread.

so....

What Tyres Are Recommended & Where To Buy? πŸ€”

Roscobbc

You need to look at North Hants range of Galaxy tyres.......some of these have quite a high speed rating.........others (including BGG) have a surprisingly low speed rating. Don't be put off by those who say "I never go over 70 mph" - its also about the tyre construction and reinforcement.....