James Camaro?

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Saw them at the Rainbow in Finsbury Park a couple of times, great concert. Still got their old 45’s and LP’s .

What’s an LP the young guys ask.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I had a four speed on the floor record player... 16 33 45 78.
Me too , and I still have `R-O-C-K Rock `by Bill Haley & The Comets and ` Diana` by Paul Anka on 78`s ! Does that officially make me an old fart , or just plain prehistoric ? :LOL:

Roscobbc

Another story relating to platform boots. At the then local cinema in Romford - can't recall if with 'the lads' or a 'bird' - can't even remember the film - just that we were sitting upstairs in the gallery (is that the right name?) - the cinema was the old school one huge screen and the upstairs seating part of the cinema was at quite a steep angle, perhaps 30 degrees or so with central stairs covered in what seemed to be several layers of carpet with a whitewashed edge to them. Health and Safety would have a nighmare nowadays. Anyway during a particularly quiet part of the film a bloke in a pair of platform boots decided to go to the toilet. The toilets were right at the very top of the seating area. So during this 'quiet' and probably important part of the film the whole upper part of the cinema had to listen to this 'thump', 'thump', 'thump' of this fellow going slowly and difficultly in his boots up each step right from the bottom of the seating area. Five minutes later he returned. It was still a quiet part of the film. Once again the whole audience had to listen to 'thump', 'thump', 'thump' down each step as he returned to his seat at the bottom of the gallery. But it quickly changed to a cresendo of 'thumps' as he lost his footing and toppled down the whole length of the staircase......the cinema was in uproar - it was the funniest thing that probably anyone had ever heard.......far better amusment than the film we were all watching. Don't think he hurt himself.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Sorry Derek , got a 25th Anniversary family bash on Saturday evening . Probably means I will have to dress straight . :(:(

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Sorry Derek , got a 25th Anniversary family bash on Saturday evening . Probably means I will have to dress straight . :(:(
Well thats bad planning, cant you tell them they'll have to move the anniversary?.. and if they try the old.. 'well its been that same date for the last forty years'.. you just say, 'its about time for a change then'.

Last edited:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Well thats bad planning, cant you tell them they'll have to move the anniversary?.. and if they try the old.. 'well its been that same date for the last forty years'.. you just say, 'its about time for a change then'.
Problem is it`s my 25th wedding anniversary and `er indoors wouldn`t be impressed . I used up all my Brownie points 25 years ago when we got married in the Caribbean . She chose the two weeks in July to be out there but that clashed with my regular summer service week on the steam railway with my good mate Tony . So I said change the dates ! Me and Tony had been Driver and Fireman together for years . It was like Christmas and just could not be cancelled ! So I had two weeks in the Caribbean , got wed , flew home , packed new bags and drove straight off to the Severn Valley Railway for a week . It became a standing joke amongst all the guys that I spent my honeymoon with Tony on the footplate for a week . :LOL:

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Well thats perfect, you just tell her that because shes always right youre prepared to change the anniversary to the date when she originally wanted to get married. Job done!