Lesser of two evils? (2)

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Only changed the trans fluid once in 30 years on my 65

'Changed once in 30 years' (30 years of ownership i assume).. so you could have changed it 30 years ago or 15 years ago or 1 year ago..
I get the only 6k miles argument but the fluid could also deteriorate over time so if it was 30 years ago it wouldnt hurt to change it... it might cause slight temporary discomfort in the wallet but its only passing.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Ever considered all the condensation that can build up in the box from all that standing about and cold starts and probably only short journeys ? That will contaminate the fluid big time . But then then if you hardly ever drive the car I guess it won`t matter to you until it all goes a knacker one day ! 30 years ownership and such little use , why have it ??? :unsure:
Always liked it since the day I bought it, and still like it as much today. Many many corvettes/cars have come and gone but the old 65 has remained. Had it so long now can’t ever see me selling it. It’s been back home to the good old US of A a few times and will probably go back for good when I retire for some fun in the sun.

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
True Blu... that reminds me of a weird story i heard recently.. no, im not discussing the merits or failings of either side and please DONT.. its strictly against forum rules (that includes you teamzr1) :LOL:..
US Republicans v Democrats.. one reason US politics is confusing for us in the UK..
It is generally accepted that left wing = Red (usually associated with communism) / right wing = Blue.
As i understand it, it was largely the same in the USA up until around the year 2000 ish when they swopped colours!!! (sorry, colors)..
Huh??? Apparently, the parties dont actually have an official 'color' but the media collectively decided around 2000 to give them the 'wrong' colors for the purpose of differentiating between 'Red states' and 'Blue states'... only in the USA!!!

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
'Changed once in 30 years' (30 years of ownership i assume).. so you could have changed it 30 years ago or 15 years ago or 1 year ago..
I get the only 6k miles argument but the fluid could also deteriorate over time so if it was 30 years ago it wouldnt hurt to change it... it might cause slight temporary discomfort in the wallet but its only passing.
From memory it was probably changed mid nineties. Will now get round to changing it. Year wise it’s definitely well overdue.