My C3 restoration....

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Hi Brightgreen . My neighbours love me too , in fact the whole sleepy village does ! 🤣 The Supertrapp tail pipes don`t do much and no cats in system either . Her `who will be disobeyed` said it was too loud when I took the cat off but like I said , " You can never have a V8 too loud " !!
I have never seen a rear wing (aka spoiler) like that on Ecklers catalogue , they show LT Body Panels that include front spoiler , side skirts and rear skirts but the rear wing is mounted on vertical struts off the rear deck as opposed to sweeping down and bonded flush into rear wings.
You were lucky to have lots of paperwork with your car , all you gotta do is learn Japanese now :geek: .
All I had was the Japanese `Condition as Shipped ` Report .

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
" You can never have a V8 too loud "
This exactly. And added bonus that you can't "disobey" her if you can't hear her :D

A few years back, I was having lots of work done on the Vette at a garage, including swapping over the headers. They called me in specifically so we could all giggle at the noise the V8 made when running without any exhaust at all. It was loud. :ROFLMAO:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
This exactly. And added bonus that you can't "disobey" her if you can't hear her :D

A few years back, I was having lots of work done on the Vette at a garage, including swapping over the headers. They called me in specifically so we could all giggle at the noise the V8 made when running without any exhaust at all. It was loud. :ROFLMAO:
That`s the way to do it :LOL: (y)

Brightgreenmeanmachine

Well-known user
Got these of eBay! Second time I've had stuff of this guy, he has two c3's... had doors and now these of one of them..at £35 hes certainly a good price. A little plastic repair and satin black and they are perfect 👌
The paint got delivered yesterday...ill post some more pics soon..

Brightgreenmeanmachine

Well-known user
View attachment 8388View attachment 8389View attachment 8390View attachment 8391View attachment 8392
When the spoiler was removed quite a lot of damage was found which resulted in a big hole in the rear wing. My man has done an amazing job getting this exact again... all the filler work done now , she's had 2 x 3ltr cans of our Masterfil Gold filler and 1 x 3ltr can of Magic Fill. By next Wednesday will be fully primed then painted by Xmas...so far all according to plan!

Brightgreenmeanmachine

Well-known user
I think ecklers used to sell a spray gel coat that was sprayed and then block sanded before normal primer, paint and lacquer systems were applied.
yes thats what we are doing, now we are at that stage there is more bare fibreglass and filler so she will be gel coated, flatted again, then primer and paint. That way the finish will be smooth as anything and solid. It may be overkill but i really want the best job possible on the old girl! Cost wise its another £1400 extra but it will all be worth it in the end......

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Sounds like you are doing things right. Best to do it once properly . Should look really good with new gel. The person who painted mine only sanded and primed before painting. It had already had a colour change from white to blue in the past. Should have been stripped really but as it was sound they didnt bother. Hence it had sunk a bit in the six years since it was painted. I have flatted snd machine compounded it and bought it back pretty well but it will never be up to the level it would have been had they stripped it first. Maybe i will do it properly in a few years time. 05383D59-B64F-4F3B-8B04-2E29DAB9880F.jpeg

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
(y) It looks stunning Mad4 . You may not be totally happy with the finish but it certainly passes the `five paces away ` test . A bit like mine , it was once red but then only flatted , primed and sprayed Violet Metallic by whoever did the body mods . One day I might splash out several grand and have it done properly , or at my time of life just drive it and enjoy it . If we get the chance in 2021 :cautious:DSCF3035.JPG