Nice looking Vettes with Attitude here please

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Stunning ! I just love those wheels , what brand are they ?
Quite a generic centre style started by BBS - similar to Image Wheels below - Image will make you what you want, they will even do this style face fix without the many bolts - they did my Rims last time but I have slightly different centres but their Rims are machine spun from quite early on when others in the UK were hand spinning the Rims, hence I changed the Rims to those from Image for safety via uniformity of thickness of the alloy to the Rims

1619095033457.png

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
I keep looking at this pic Nick - the Vette is (to quote Ross "beautiful") not a word you would normally use to describe a car, but it is beautiful, just so well executed.
The other pic of it showing the rear is a little out of skew on the position of the shot making the rear wing a little elongated and out of perspective, so I keep coming back to this pic - this Vette is bang on in every visual way - thank you for posting

Last edited:

Roscobbc

I keep looking at this pic Nick - the Vette is (to quote Ross "beautiful") not a word you would normally use to describe a car, but it is beautiful, just so well executed.
The other pic of it showing the rear is a little out of skew on the position of the shot making the rear wing a little elongated and out of perspective, so I keep coming back to this pic - this Vette is bang on in every visual way - thank you for posting
It would be great to see some additional views.............

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
1619180263395.png
Some how clearance wise the front needs to drop 5mm or so to fit tighter in the wheel arch like the rear and increase the attitude of front lower than rear (I know, I know, I am being finicky and splitting hairs, but after Nick's beautiful Vette post, I can only accept perfection) What do you think about the mirror? should it be the standard chrome unit or not? - The smooth curves of the mirror go with the curves of the haunches to the rear fenders, but then with that mirror styling cue the door locks should be shaved out - Not sure; those mirrors or standard issue chrome?
Edit: just noticed looks like a touch of excess negative at the back, difficult to tell from the angle, possibly 2 degrees - would not handle well, especially on those profiles
Talk about a Vette with a Split Rear Window - this is me splitting hairs over a lovely styled Vette
Further Edit: Why did the factory not make them like this? Hang on it worked for VW and Fiat - A C9 Retro Vette a la the above, with the latest LS ZR1motor and a quality leather interior - will it sell - of course it will - look at it

Last edited:

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I technically have some professional photos of my Vette - taken on my wedding day where we used the Vette. Alas, not on this laptop though. :(

Oneball

CCCUK Member
View attachment 10397
Some how clearance wise the front needs to drop 5mm or so to fit tighter in the wheel arch like the rear and increase the attitude of front lower than rear (I know, I know, I am being finicky and splitting hairs, but after Nick's beautiful Vette post, I can only accept perfection) What do you think about the mirror? should it be the standard chrome unit or not? - The smooth curves of the mirror go with the curves of the haunches to the rear fenders, but then with that mirror styling cue the door locks should be shaved out - Not sure; those mirrors or standard issue chrome?
Edit: just noticed looks like a touch of excess negative at the back, difficult to tell from the angle, possibly 2 degrees - would not handle well, especially on those profiles
Talk about a Vette with a Split Rear Window - this is me splitting hairs over a lovely styled Vette
Further Edit: Why did the factory not make them like this? Hang on it worked for VW and Fiat - A C9 Retro Vette a la the above, with the latest LS ZR1motor and a quality leather interior - will it sell - of course it will - look at it

Mirrors look like they’ve come of a Volvo coach and the wheels are too big. Looks like they’ve bodged the camber at the rear to give clearance.