Nice looking Vettes with Attitude here please

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Just for clarification Frank, I assumed only one position for the twin back up lights and only on a 67, but I have seen the back up lights singularly under the bumper, one either side on a C2 - that is an add on - am I correct ?

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Factory back up lights were always the inner two units except for the new placement for 1967 above the rear tag.
On the California craze of six tail lights some owners used two of the six on 1963/66 cars. Mostly again the inners, but I’ve seen the centre ones used.

Last edited:

Corvette

Well-known user
Barry, only the one position for 67 backup lights as in your pic.The 68 had individual backup lights under the rear bumpers.
Hope you're keeping well.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I forgot all about those little back up lights under the rear bumper on the 1968’s. been ages since we had one. So used to seeing the inboard centre on every other C3.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
The old MOT pass over the years. Back up lights turning into indicators. Looks factory when done, no additional horrible add on lights. I’ve seen some monstrosity’s over the years. First one I did myself ( under supervision from dad) was on a 74 Camaro Z28. Yellow bulb in, and your away.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
On the rubber bumper C3’s we used to fit the Opel Manta split lights. Fitted the hole perfect, was such a tight fit, they just pushed in and were secure.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
It always amazes me as to some of the light conversions people have had done either themselves or let somebody else do. If my car came back looking like that, I’d shoot them. Yes, it is harder on some cars, certainly the full size models, but will a little thought and time, the finished result can look real nice.. getting hold of factory rear export light clusters helped a lot for Camaro, firebird, and mustang owners. Corvettes of course as well.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I quite like this one.
Looks mean standing still.
Growling along the street, it will look even meaner I think.FE14F9D9-7F89-4729-81B0-0BC404BC454B.jpeg

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I must say some of those C3 corvette Greenwood’s were/are quite an eyeful.
Some of the C4 editions weren’t half bad either.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Just saw this picture of a nice looking C4.
It was taken at my local Corvette dealer. The Toy Store, Largo, Florida.
FA8EEA4C-08A4-471E-823F-25DAAB6E10CA.jpeg