Nice looking Vettes with Attitude here please

Roscobbc

Perhaps a bit like being in a 'sea' of Range Rovers, Land Cruisers and other similar full fat vehicles and a 'real' ex-US army Hummer joins the convoy!

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Perhaps a bit like being in a 'sea' of Range Rovers, Land Cruisers and other similar full fat vehicles and a 'real' ex-US army Hummer joins the convoy!
Or my mates Dodge Ram that has an exhaust the size of a water main and sounds like a thunder storm turned up to 11 . :DDSCF1730.JPG

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
That’s the trouble with anything black. Fabulous when clean and shiny, horrible when not so. Get that tyre shine out.
A bit like yellowing whitewall or white lettered tyres, great when white, horrible when dirty or yellow.

Roscobbc

Worst colour is 'metallic' black - if it gets surface scratches from road dirt and kerbside hedges or someone does a cheap mop job it always, always looks dirty and old........

Roscobbc

Military Humvee is 7'1" wide. '76 Eldorado is 6'8" wide - '80 C3 is 5'9" - C5 is 6'2" - wonder how wide Barry's Daytona bodied C3 is?

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
My dad knows only too well how wide a 1976 Eldorado is, got his wedged between the width bollards in Jackson’s lane Hampstead in 1977. Thought he could squeeze through, got stuck/wedged in. Those bollards are still in place today.

Roscobbc

'Toured' Snowdonia and North Wales back in the mid '70s in a poverty spec Belgian 2bbl 3 speed 289 '65 Galaxie sedan. Went around a flint walled bend so acute that I couldn't get around without scraping a fender......car averaged 22mpg over the 2 weeks....

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Military Humvee is 7'1" wide. '76 Eldorado is 6'8" wide - '80 C3 is 5'9" - C5 is 6'2" - wonder how wide Barry's Daytona bodied C3 is?
It is Slim like me, I know when it was going on a trailer once, the driver said it was wider at the back than his previous collection, a Testarossa - I will have to measure it.IMG_9080 (3).JPGIMG_9048 (3).JPG

Last edited:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
That’s the trouble with anything black. Fabulous when clean and shiny, horrible when not so. Get that tyre shine out.
A bit like yellowing whitewall or white lettered tyres, great when white, horrible when dirty or yellow.
That`s the cleanest you are likely to see it ! Our friends live high up a hill in the Cambrian Mountains of Mid Wales and the truck works hard for its living . But as for his three Harley`s , now that`s a different story ! ;)

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Worst colour is 'metallic' black - if it gets surface scratches from road dirt and kerbside hedges or someone does a cheap mop job it always, always looks dirty and old........
You are right there Ross, I have had 7 black cars over the years and 3 were / are metallic . Kept saying I would never have another black car after my first one , but they do look so good after a good polish and wax . ( for 5 minutes :cry: ) .

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
'Toured' Snowdonia and North Wales back in the mid '70s in a poverty spec Belgian 2bbl 3 speed 289 '65 Galaxie sedan. Went around a flint walled bend so acute that I couldn't get around without scraping a fender......car averaged 22mpg over the 2 weeks....
22 mpg was good going on the straight and level , never mind round Snowdonia`s mountain roads !

Roscobbc

22 mpg was good going on the straight and level , never mind round Snowdonia`s mountain roads !
Car would actually run 25/26mpg on a 50mph cruise - the '68 343 cu in auto Javelin I had 'back in the day' would record a 21/22mpg on 70 mph cruise. Both Javelin and Galaxie were probably a similar weight to a current Ford Mondeo

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I always really liked the AMC Javelin and recall lusting after one at what was probably the 1967 Earls Court Motor Show launch . Don`t see many about these days .

Roscobbc

U

it wasn’t metallic blue with a bright blue interior by any chance. We imported one like that from Belgium.
Yes, mid metallic blue 4 door 'pillarless' hardtop sedan - 2bbl 289, 3 on the three manual. Registration number started JYF can't recall number 'K' (71/72 registered) - bought it it from Colchester Road Harold Wood for......believe it or not (and if my memory is holding up) £185