One day...

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
James, what are your thoughts on the car Letank has highlighted above? Its blue, auto and a 1969, I cant understand why the silence.
Yes, what are your thoughts on this one. As you are after a specific year (69) and color ( blue) you may have a long long wait for a car. Of course during that wait your budget for said car should increase. At some stage like all of us did at one time, your going to have pull the gun and buy something.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
In the film the getaway (Steve McQueen/Ally McGraw) the baddies drive from the city to the town after SM, there in a Cadillac Convertible. All but the driver are holding onto their hats as there wizzing along.

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Nice colour but too much for me to take on.

Im going to come out and say it.. im very puzzled by this thread. I for one cannot see the Kings new clothes. Many wise sages have proclaimed this to be a huge cash munching project but based on what? All the pics show is a tatty dirty interior and all the description gives away is.. 'Missing vacuum door for window wipers. Electric windows not shutting properly. Needs TLC and a good clean before take it to shows'.
Surely (dont call me shirley) you would have to go look at it to know if its a huge project or not? The seller declares 'rust free'.. you would still need to check that but they do have 100% positive ebay feedback.
You certainly wont get a 69 in anywhere near perfect condition for this price.

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Yes, what are your thoughts on this one. As you are after a specific year (69) and color ( blue) you may have a long long wait for a car. Of course during that wait your budget for said car should increase. At some stage like all of us did at one time, your going to have pull the gun and buy something.
I think it has to be a blue 69 or maybe yellow or orange. ;)

Roscobbc

Don't really see the "too much to take on" scenario based on what has been advertised. Yes, it 'sits' a little high on the rear end - vacumn wiper door missing?, no its not - its on the car (perhaps not working though) - freash paint job, guess that could be crap and a candiate for microblistering etc. FFS its a '69, its cheap. If you want any further security ask for the vin number, body plate, engine number and US history (and decode what it should have) - these cars are only going one way........up up up

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I would buy the one at carrot town garage but it's maroon!
It might be worth a trip to carrot town to actually see the car in the flesh so to speak. The maroon colour might appeal to you when you see it in person. Personally I like the maroon.
I recently sold a white coupe to a person who “didn’t really want a white one “ when he saw it, he loved it.

Worth a trip just to see, there probably even let you drive it.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Im going to come out and say it.. im very puzzled by this thread. I for one cannot see the Kings new clothes. Many wise sages have proclaimed this to be a huge cash munching project but based on what? All the pics show is a tatty dirty interior and all the description gives away is.. 'Missing vacuum door for window wipers. Electric windows not shutting properly. Needs TLC and a good clean before take it to shows'.
Surely (dont call me shirley) you would have to go look at it to know if its a huge project or not? The seller declares 'rust free'.. you would still need to check that but they do have 100% positive ebay feedback.
You certainly wont get a 69 in anywhere near perfect condition for this price.
Hi Shirley !! " Rust Free " !! that`s gotta be the C3 vendors most well worn phrase !

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Put a set of factory side exhausts on it and wow.
I think the dark color complements the chrome and makes the car pop.

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
I would buy the one at carrot town garage but it's maroon!

So youre saying you would prefer to pay over £20k for something that doesnt need any work... thats fair 'nuf..
while i wasnt bothered about a few imperfections i didnt personally want a project either, im too old to be bothered with that, i just wanted something to use and enjoy.
I went through a couple of years of my Ford Pop being a project, not looking to go there again.. maybe if i was younger.