One day...

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
It might be worth a trip to carrot town to actually see the car in the flesh so to speak. The maroon colour might appeal to you when you see it in person. Personally I like the maroon.
I recently sold a white coupe to a person who “didn’t really want a white one “ when he saw it, he loved it.

Worth a trip just to see, there probably even let you drive it.

They will take you out as the passenger.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I can perfectly understand not wanting “a project” of sorts. A few minor jobs are OK.
As with any old car, a few imperfections must be tolerated.

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Do yourself a favour James, GO and look at it. It will be an educational visit.
It probably looks better in real life. Photos never do anything justice just like the photos I took of an amazing view on my country walk turned out underhelming and some car show photos.

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
I’m surprised they haven’t sold it by now. They have had it for some time.

Yes im a little surprised, though im also a little confused about the way hes advertising it.. its not actually on the Carrot Town website (but several cars sold long ago are) and he hasnt made one of his usual YouTube vids to market it.. its hidden away on his old sdsc website.. it almost feels as though hes happy driving it about and will be sad to see it go.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Yes im a little surprised, though im also a little confused about the way hes advertising it.. its not actually on the Carrot Town website (but several cars sold long ago are) and he hasnt made one of his usual YouTube vids to market it.. its hidden away on his old sdsc website.. it almost feels as though hes happy driving it about and will be sad to see it go.
At the moment, the way things are going, having it in stock is better than money in the bank. At 22.5K asking price, ( and who pays the asking price) it seems very reasonably priced. You would be hard pressed to buy one in the US and get it back for that kind of money if it’s any good.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Yes, the chrome bumper C3 models are a limited sale, mostly because of price and then because of the chrome.
Younger buyers prefer the rubber look, and of course the cheaper price.
I think it’s a case of, you want a shark corvette, or you want a chrome bumper shark corvette. Different types of buyers.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I’ve always thought the transition from chrome bumpers to rubber bumpers was carried off extremely well by the corvette. The new nose for 73 looked great, followed by the tail for 74. The buying public thought so as well. Along with the other styling changes during its model run it always looked up to date. Some said it was getting long in the tooth, but it carried it off well.

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
I think it has to be a blue 69 or maybe yellow or orange. ;)

If thats what you want then by all means stick to it but finding the right car could take a long time. Its not like youre buying a BMW Mini where you can go on ebay or Autotrader and specify your chosen colour and then choose from 40 cars.
I think that youve got nothing to lose from giving Stuart up in Banjo country a call and arranging to take a look at the Burgundy one even if its only to rule it out for certain.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Was debating whether a white stripe or a black one to match the vinyl top would look best. Black one was lost on the maroon, so went white. Was pleased with the finished look.